Chapter One

Everyone seemed to be covering up the one person I wanted to see. Is he even out here? Is he back? All I kept thinking was they let him go, and he's back! . But, I couldn't think such things if he wasn't back... it would tare me apart.

I looked at everyone in this large crowd in the middle of the street with nothing but people and no car- which meant today was the first day (of a whole week) of the music festival. A fat lady with a furry scarf, and a long coat , and a purple weird flimsy hat. Underneath all that hat was-all I could see- gray short hair. I saw a man with two children at his side, all of them had wonderful blue eyes. Then my eyes rested on a couple walking beside each other holding hands and smiling at each other. That should be us I thought.

I wanted to start screaming his name, but what would people think? Do I really care? I laughed and then screamed "Ian!"

"Riley? You here?" I asked. She had to be somewhere around here. I haven't seen, or even heard from her in days... so she has got to be here "Riley?"

"She's not here."

I jumped "Gosh Ava! You scared the hell out of me!"

Ava popped out of nowhere. She does that sometimes. Ava was pretty, but she was no Riley. She had long red curly hair, blue eyes, and red-red lips. She was wearing a orange short dress, and black heels.

Ava smiled "Good."

I glared. "Where's Riley?" I hadn't known Ava long,-Riley introduced us- But she was very creepy.

"She's..." She smiled at me, as she played with her fingers. "Somewhere."

"Can't you just tell me?" 

"Mmm. Blake, sweetie pie." She faked a sigh. "No, I can't"

"Why not?" I was getting annoyed with her.

"Because, handsome." Ava started playing with my coat while smiling at me. "She doesn't want to be found..." Ava then stalked off out of the old building without saying another word.

Everything was blurring together. My memories were fading together at once, mixing everything together. Everything was so confusing in my head... it was like watching a blurry movie in fast forward. But min was like-super blurry, and really, really fast. So, can you imagine what that feels like? No. You can't. So, I can't remember anything, unless I really, really focous. Is Clara gone? Wait, she is outside looking for Ian... if he was even there. But I knew if she had at least one lead-she would find him anywhere, even if it took her, her whole life...see? That's what happens when I focus.

"Natalie? Are you awake?" I heard James say.

"Hmm? I'm focusing."

James laughed as I felt him sit on the edge of my bed. "Focusing on memories?"

"yes, I find it, that it works better when I focus on one thing."

"Well, try me."

I laughed. "Okay." James.... I thought. A flash of a park with swings came to mind. I loved swings. I ran to the swings as soon as I layed eyes on them, and then started swinging. 'Well, I know you love swings, but you don't have to go so high.' James said narrowing his eyes at me, while swinging on the other swing next to me. "I love it. It free's me of everything, and the wind in my hair makes me feel like I'm flying." I opened my eyes.

"The day we went to the park." James laughed.

"The swing makes me think, I'm flying." I smiled.