Chapter 12: Decisions

Ohai-yo, minna-san! ♥ Sorry it's been so long since I've updated, but I had absolutely no inspiration at all these last few days.  Oh and also...I had to go to the hospital.  All of you are probably like What?!? Trust me though, I'm fine. c: I went to the hospital because of the possibility of me having Appendicitis.  So, I had to stay in the hospital for a day.  But I'm perfectly healthy, and there's nothing to worry about!♥ Onto the dedication...I dedicate this chapter to FlamesxKeys. c: She deserves a dedication!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and remember; feedback is always appreciated!  Until next time, then~!

яу-¢нαи ❖тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя ❖

========================================================================

"Natsu, you really can go home if you want."  Lucy replied quietly, sitting on the edge of her bed.

Mai was fast asleep on the far end of Lucy's bed, under her covers.  Lucy was looking up at Natsu, who had his arms crossed as he stared at her, Happy already asleep as well.

Natsu looked at her.  "You can't get me to leave, Luce.  I gotta protect you just in case those guys come back."

Lucy sighed, giving up on her attempt.  Despite her wanting him to leave, Lucy also felt grateful for Natsu's presence.  After a few minutes, however, Lucy's mind started to stray to Venom Strike.

"Natsu?"

"Yeah?"

Lucy looked at the ground, preoccupied, and didn't notice as Natsu sat down next to her.  "What is it do you think Venom Strike wants with Etheoria?"

Natsu looked at her, his expression neutral.  "How should I know?  All I know is that they're after you now, so that means I have to protect you."

Lucy sighed, but this time out of amusement.  "I see."

Natsu surprised Lucy by pulling her in, letting her head rest on the crook of his neck and her cheek on his shoulder.  "I promised I wouldn't let you go again, right?"

Lucy's face softened, and she nodded, lightly moving her right hand to grab onto Natsu's vest.  "Yeah.  You did."

"Then expect me to!"  Natsu exclaimed.  "After what happened..."

When he trailed off, Lucy pulled back and looked at Natsu curiously.  "Natsu?"

He didn't answer.

Lucy blinked, understanding he was still bothered about what had happened.  "Natsu...are you still worried about what happened?"

When he still didn't answer, Lucy sighed, realizing she was going to have to convince him somehow that she was alright.  Feeling a little bold, Natsu was surprised as she peered forward, planting a silent kiss on his lips.

When Lucy pulled away, she looked slightly flustered.  "You really need to stop worrying about that, Natsu.  I'm not going to leave, ever again.  I promise."

After a minute, Natsu grinned, back to his normal self.  "Right.  I believe you."

Lucy smiled, resuming her position against Natsu's shoulder and closing her eyes.  As she started to drift off, Lucy heard Natsu whisper something into her ear.

"Goodnight, Lucy."

Lucy smiled sleepily.  "Goodnight, Natsu."

And as she just started to slip in and out of consciousness, she could've sworn she head something else.