Changes

Hermione's POV:

I heard the portrait swing open and went downstairs to catch the intruder. At first I saw nothing until I saw a dirty blond haired figure step out of the hole. I covered my mouth with my hand. Even if it was the little ferret I was glad to see someone awake. It did occur to me though, how a Slytherin was awake and all the Gryffindors were fast asleep. I brushed the thought aside and went to greet the Slytherin.

"Malfoy?"

He turned immediately almost knocking over the table next to him. "Granger?" He said in surprise. "What are you doing awake?" I frowned "Well, I might ask you the same thing." He sighed and shrugged "It doesn't matter now. You're gonna ruin the fun I could have had." I frowned. My brain was working in two different directions. Part of me wanted to have fun too. But part of me wanted to go to the library and figure out what was wrong with everyone.
"Let's go."
"Excuse me?" He asked
"I won't destroy your chance to have fun. But on one condition."
He raised his eyebrow sceptically
"I wan to come with you."
He snorted. "And what makes you think I'll have fun with a muggle-born?" He didn't call me mudblood. I smiled. "Because You don't have a choice."
"Well then Granger. Let's go." He said, quoting me.
I had second thoughts but I brushed them aside. Maybe it has something to do with the Tournament.
We walked into the Great Hall.
"What do you fancy doing now?" I asked. He smirked walking up to the headmaster's chair.
I gasped "you wouldn't..."
He sat down on it. Perfectly imitating the old headmaster, he said, "Students, I have something to share. The slytherin house has won the quiditch cup." He pretended to look over his 'half moon glass' and he smiled in the direction of the Slytherin table.
I've never seen him smile before. It was actually quite nice.
"Granger?"
I snapped out of my thoughts. "Yes?"
He huffed "I asked what you wanted to do next."
"I don't know. You pick."
"Thank god I thought you were going to say, the library."
"Actually. Maybe we can go to the quiditch field" I said. I paused to think about what I just said. Normally I would go to the library.
He walked towards me. I noticed that he still kept a distance between us but it had reduced.
"I think I have a better idea. Ever heard of the room of requirement?"