Free Falling (Larry Stylinson AU)

"Help I'm going down!" I yelled trying to catch the attention of my fellow angels as I began to plummet towards the underworld. There was no surviving this. Even if I survived the fall I would be picked off by one of the demons or dark angels or god knows what. I saw a swoop and I saw Niall trying to grab me.

He got my shirt and I hung mid air for a second before my shirt ripped and I was falling again. I desperately tried to get my wings working again but one of them was broken. The other was just tired and bruised. We had been ambushed by dark angels while crossing over the underworld.

I fell into darkness and glowing red and I could feel myself growing weaker with every foot I dropped. I looked down and saw that I was going to land in an dark black lake. I held my breath as I hit the water with a hard splash. The air was knocked out of my lungs. I tried to swim to the surface but the water pulled me downwards.

I struggled briefly and then stopped. I had to cherish my last moments of life. There is nothing after this. I looked back on my life as an angel. Flying around the clouds with Liam and Niall bringing in demons and bad spirits and defending heaven from the underworld.

Just as I felt my last bit of oxygen leave my body I felt hands grab me from underneath and begin to bring me to the surface. The thing that grabbed me got me out of the water and we were flying. Shit it's an angel. The angel placed me on the shore which was rocky.

I tried to open my mouth to take a breath but there was too much water in my lungs. The angel pinched my nose and then put his mouth on mine blowing air into my mouth. He then began CPR on me. I felt the water come up and I spat it out sputtering.

I turned on my side trying to get all the water out of my lungs. The angel got off me and I heard footsteps running away. I coughed up the water and then breathed heavily I was so tired. I tried to get to my feet but my entire body ached and my wings were killing me.

Footsteps sounded again and I snapped around to see a dark angel standing behind me staring down at me. He had a cart with him. I stared at him wide eyed. I had never seen a dark angel this close that wasn't attacking my group of angels.

He walked over to me and I curled up hiding the most of my body as I could. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He told me quietly. His voice was soft and beautiful and it made me uncurl to look at him. "W-why not?" I stuttered weakly.

"I honestly don't know." He said remorsefully. I stared at him warily as he came towards me. He bent down to pick me up and I flinched away. "Don't touch me!" I told him trying to get away. His eyes flashed red before he grabbed my arm a bit roughly and pulled me over to him. He picked me up and I kicked out trying to get away. I have no clue why he would be helping me. There was something not right about that.

He put me in the cart and I tried to get away. He pinned down my arms with his hands and placed his knees on my thighs pinning me to the bottom of the cart. "Stop struggling I'm trying to help you." He said angrily. His eyes were glowing a slight red and I could tell he was pissed off.

"Ok." I whispered stilling my body. His eyes returned to a dull grey almost blue. He grabbed a leather tether from the side and he grabbed my wrist attaching it to the cart. "Hey get this of of me!" I protested pulling against it.

"Behave or all of your limbs will be tethered." He growled before pushing the cart slowly away from the black lake. I studied him closely. His wings were a dark black with small blood red feathers littering the tips and bottoms. They were well groomed and sleek.

I studied his face next. He had a beautiful jawline and his face was perfect. His hair was a darker brown that was styled upwards in a quiff. Niall wore his hair similar to him. "You're staring." He stated not even looking at me, keeping his eyes on what laid ahead. I blushed and looked away.