Part 5: Madness

Hey all! Sorry it took so long to update. I've had horrible writers block and I've been busy with college and whatnot.

WARNING: This chapter contains descriptions about people in therapy, so if it makes you uncomfortable or upsets or triggers you in any way, kindly make your way off this page.

Enjoy! :3

~Quinn

'Did you do this to yourself, Charlotte?'

Silence

Dr Hall shifted in annoyance, rustling a few papers before retuning her attention to the girl in front of her.

'We can't help you if you don't answer the question.'

No answer

Charlotte hated therapy sessions. It was all nonsensical, patronising rubbish to her, and for the better part of them she just switched off and let Dr Hall talk at her.

'Charlotte?'

After a long silence, Charlotte raised her head to look at Dr Hall. She remained silent, and the two regarded each other for a number of minutes.
'perhaps you'd prefer to tell me a different way.' Dr Hall pushed a notebook across the table towards Charlotte. 'would you like to write it down?'
Charlotte stared silently down at the notepad, and didn't bother picking it up.
Letting out a long sigh, Dr Hall looked at her watch.
' think that's it for today's session, Charlotte.' she said. 'same time next week?'
Charlotte shrugged. 'I guess.' She muttered, picking up her backpack before leaving.

What was the point of talking about it when no one would believe her?

* * *

'You know, they all think you're crazy.' Darkiplier grinned at Charlotte. 'Why do you still persist at believing you're sane?'
'J-just shut up.' Charlotte snapped. 'You're not even real.'
'Oh, my darling.' He crooned, gently stroking her face. 'I'm very real, and I'm here to stay.'
Charlotte sniffed, warning back any tears that threatened to fall from her eyes.
'Why don't you just give up, hmm?' Darkiplier said softly. 'Just enjoy the slow descent into madness, then we can finally be together.'
Charlotte froze as he pressed a small, light kiss against her cheek. 'You don't have to resist.' he smiled in a sinister fashion. 'It would be so much easier if you gave up.'