Octuple

I say I am stronger than fear. ~Malala Yousafzai

Michael's POV

The world around me spun, it faded into red, blasted into white and I could see my pale hands in front of my face once more.

I stood up and looked around me, seeing nothing but a white cloud as I walked across the slightly blue chiseled rocks beneath my feet. I walked and arrived at a large gate made of gold. I stood, looking at it. Wondering what to do with it.

I took a step away from it, seeing it as wrong to let myself through into a place that does not even belong to me.

"Even you are not tempted by Heaven, Michael." I turned to see a man standing behind me. He gave a smile and was covered with hair as white as the fog around us. "Interesting, most mortals run straight through the gate when I allow them."

"Heaven? The gate?" I swallowed hard. "D-Did I.. Did I die?"

"You threw yourself in front of a truck for Lucius!" The man said. "Did you expect to live?"

"I just never thought I would actually get myself killed for someone like Luke." I sighed.

"I want to say your death is valiant, but you risked your entire being for a demon. The son of the devil, whom would have lived anyways." The man said. He was circling around me as he spoke. I felt my eyes grow wide.

"L-Luke really is from Hell.." I mumbled.

"The very depths." The man said. "Now, answer me Michael, why should I let you into Heaven?"

I went wide eyed. I had to explain why I deserved it? But I felt as if I did not deserve any of it.

"I have no idea." I shrugged after a moment. "I gave up my entire life for Luke, despite all he had done I never believed he was Lucifer's son."

"That's why I find it difficult to decide if you are valiant." The man smiled. "I think you might have turned out to be a perfect angel after all."

"An-An angel?" I muttered.

"Of course. I know Lucius seeks out evil and ends it, but I want you to seek out good and preserve it." The man said. "Michael, your life has been short lived. You deserve more. I will allow you to return to earth, to assist mortals. But I cannot return your life. You will blend in like Lucius does. You are required to return to Heaven within forty-eight hours after you've left. Your soul is pure, you shall become my one and only archangel. Working on my behalf."

"What's an archangel?" I asked.

"An angel of high ranking. Many may be considered these but you are The Archangel.

"W-What..?" I mumbled.

"You will fight out the darkness, but be warned Michael. All angels can be replaced, do not let me down." He said to me. I shook my head slowly. "You shall very rarely see me again. My son and your Lord will direct you in the right direction."

"Who is..?" I mumbled. "Oh Jesus.."

"Precisely." The man smiled. "I shall leave you to him." He disappeared into the fog and the gates opened up to me.

"This must be a dream.." I mumbled as I took small steps towards the gate until I saw what seemed to be a woman, appearing different beside me.

"Hello," She greeted. "My name is Gabriel. You must be Michael."

"Yeah, I'm also pretty clueless about what I'm supposed to be doing right now." I sighed. "Also I mean, why I became an angel in the first place." 

"God must have seen potential in you rising up an army to defeat Satan. You are to give hope and save souls." Gabriel smiled. "I'm just the messenger of God, if you need anything you can always find me. I can send anything you want to God!"

"Well..I think I'm supposed to be finding Jesus." I sighed. "Do you know where I could find him?"

"Hm..Well last I checked he was working on assisting new angels." Gabriel said. "You know, with wings and all."

"This is my first time to Heaven, so I know nothing." I shook my head. Gabriel laughed as if she remembered as she guided me to a man who looked exactly like how I had pictured him to be.

Jesus Christ.

"Well, well," He smiled as he walked over to me. "The man who gave his life to 'save' Lucius. The son of Lucifer. I've been expecting you for years."

"I still can't believe he wasn't lying." I sighed, shaking my head slowly.

"It's hard to believe, I understand, my son." Jesus smiled to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "So, from what I understand you must be able to travel to and from earth?" I nodded my head. "Well, for starters you are going to need some wings. While I'm putting them on I can tell you how to get to and from Heaven."

It was extremely painful, but Jesus explaining things to me seemed to keep my mind off of the pain in my back. "So, Michael, we are going to send you back down to where your body lays, but your soul and body will merge so your souls will never again leave your body. Now, you can get to Heaven by a small apartment building. You'll know it when you see it, when you go down to earth you drop from the clouds and should end up there."

"Thank you." I said as I stood up. I flapped the wings on my back a couple of times. "These things are huge."

"Twelve feet wingspan." Jesus commented. "You currently have the largest wingspan out of any angel in Heaven."

"Are you an angel?" I asked.

"I'm a lord, not an angel." Jesus answered but there was no offense to me asking this question. "For your father being of God you know very little of Heaven and Hell."

I said nothing but Jesus patted my back. "We're going to send you back down, you will learn very quickly that your wings can be contracted and hidden." I nodded my head. "Are you ready, Michael?"

I nodded my head and when I blinked once I found myself laying and looking up at a hospital ceiling. Sitting up and looking around me I could see red eyes in the dark corner of the room.

"L-Luke..?"

"Good guess." There was a deep chuckle as he emerged from the shadows. "You can call me Lucifer."

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

I better not get any crap for inaccuracy cause I warned about it! But yeah I feel kind of weird writing religious fiction especially not being religious? Idk the stories are kind of cool.

But I started a new story yesterday called Therapy and it's a Malum/Cashton, there's only a couple of chapters but I would appreciate if you checked it out.

ALSO GUYS. TODAY IS MY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF MY WATTPAD ACCOUNT! So I'm going to update everything twice.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX