Chapter I: Mariella

"I'm Mariella." I say sturdily, staring at the girl in front of me.
"You think I don't know? I know you, but what are you doing, bumping into me like that?" Kassidy says.
"It was an accident," I say quietly, so she doesn't get mad.
"Yeah, an accident like YOU!" Kassidy yells, slapping me, and I stumble backwards, groping for something to grab. "You're 'pretty' golden hair is a mess, your brown eyes look like tree bark, and your clothes, don't get me started on those!"
Then Matt walks by, and I freeze.
"What's up, Kassidy?" He says, high-fiving the bully.
"Nothing! Just getting at this girl for hurting me," she says, faking a limp.
"I didn't hurt her!" I try to say, but Kassidy slaps me again. "I really didn't!"
"She's a bully, and she should see the principal," Kassidy declared, hate in her eyes.
I crawled to my locker, then waited till Kassidy had gone.
Dear Mason,
My new school sucks. A girl named Kassidy is bullying me. I wish you were here, and happy 1st Day Away anniversary, hehe. Anyways, I'll keep writing to you.
XoXo (not literally),
Mariella
I sit down in my seat. I'm in English.
"Hello, class. Welcome back. And let's greet our new student, Mariella!" He gestured to me, and I hid my face.
"Mariella?" Someone in the back snorted. "What kind of name is that?"
And then I blacked out.