Chapter Nine

alright, just so you know, Kathryn is forKINGANDCOUNTRY1, Dalia is Daliia123, and Genna is Genna_Binner. Also, you have to watch the video, especially if you know who Jamie Grace is. Hope you enjoy!

Hope's POV
This was somewhat real now. Hannah was getting ready for her first round of chemo. She was getting settled in today, and Colton, Isaac, and Skyler were allowed to come tomorrow. I got a call from Colton, and Andi and Collins were on their way to the hospital. I sat with Hannah, who was working her way through a grilled cheese sandwich, and I had grilled chicken. Then, two girls sat down with us. Both were wearing sequined hats, one blue and one pink, and I didn't see any hair.

"Hi, I'm Hannah. What are your names?" The one with the blue hat spoke first.
"I'm Genna. This is Dalia. Whatcha in for?" The other girl waved, and Hannah smiled gently.
"Leukemia. I'm starting chemo this afternoon. You?" Genna took a sip from her cup.
"I've got leukemia as well, and I've been on chemo for about a year and a half. Dalia lymphoma, and has been here for a year, also on chemo. There's another friend of ours, Kathryn, she has stage three lung cancer, and has been in and out on chemo and radiation for six months. She's coming back to stay for now, as of tomorrow." Hannah nodded.
"Wow. You guys have any siblings?" Dalia shook her head quietly.
"I don't. Kathryn doesn't either, but Genna has three younger siblings." She nodded again.
"I've got a twin brother, and a younger sister." Genna grinned.
"What's it like, being a twin?" She chuckled.
"Its fun. It gets a little annoying sometimes, especially when he wants to say he's older. I'm a half hour older, so I don't let him say that. Our dad travels a fair amount for work, and my mom, aunt, and uncles do as well, so we're homeschooled." Genna grinned again.
"Lucky! What do your parents, aunt, and uncles do?" She gave them a little smile.
"They're musicians. My mom used to travel more than she does, but she still travels. Same with my aunt." Dalia's head shot up.
"What's your last name?" I chuckled, gently rubbing Hannah's hand.
"My maiden name is Smallbone, and my married name is Dixon." Dalia's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her head.
"Dixon?! As in Colton Dixon?!" I chuckled, nodding.
"Yeah. My brother's are Joel and Luke Smallbone, from For King and Country, and my sister-in-law is Moriah Peters." She gasped, bouncing in her seat.
"That is so cool that you're here! I mean, that you're here, not that you have cancer. I mean- oh, forget it." We all laughed, her included.
"Sorry. I'm a bit of a fangirl, can't ya tell?" That brought on another round of laughter. Then, my phone rang.
"Sorry. I'll be back in a minute."

Hannah's POV
Mom went to go answer the phone, and Genna saw my anchor necklace.

"That's really pretty. Where'd you get it?" I smiled, showing her the picture.
"Christmas. That's my dad and my boyfriend." Genna grinned.
"Your boyfriend is kinda cute. How old is he?" I smiled.
"He's two years older than me, and he's taken." We all laughed at that. We headed back to our rooms, and they were on either side of me, which was pretty awesome. We went to my room, and Skyped with dad, Isaac, Joel, Luke, Moriah, and Skylar. Dalia was trying not to freak out, and Genna was pretty excited. Afterwards, I had the IV put in, and my chemo started. I had cut my hair a couple days ago, and had donated it for what might be the last time. The three of us were in my room, and I had my guitar, so we had a little bit of fun. I had learned how to play some veggietales music on the guitar, so we had a ball with that. After that, I did Danny Gokey's song, Tell Your Heart to Beat Again.

You're shattered,
Like you've never been before.
The life you knew,
In a thousand pieces on the floor.

And words fall short in times like these,
When this world drives you to your knees.
You think you're never gonna get back,
To the you that you used to be.

Tell your heart to beat again,
Close your eyes and breathe it in.
Let the shadows fall away,
Step into the light of grace.
Yesterday's a closing door,
You don't live there anymore.
Say goodbye to where you've been,
And tell your heart to beat again.

Beginning.
Let that word wash over you.
It's alright now
Love's healing hands have pulled you through.
So get back up, take step one.
Cause your story's far from over,
And your journey's just begun.

Tell your heart to beat again,
Close your eyes and breathe it in.
Let the shadows fall away,
Step into the light of grace.
Yesterday's a closing door,
You don't live there anymore.
Say goodbye to where you've been,
And tell your heart to beat again.

Let every heartbreak, and every scar,
Be a picture that reminds you,
Who has carried you this far.
Cause love sees farther,
Than you ever could.
In this moment heaven's working
Everything for your good.

Tell your heart to beat again,
Close your eyes and breathe it in,
Let the shadows fall away,
Step into the light of day.
Yesterday's a closing door,
You don't live there anymore.
Say goodbye to where you've been,
And tell your heart to beat again.

Your heart to beat again,
Beat again
Oh, so tell your heart to beat again.

When I finished, all three of us were crying.
"I'm sorry. That probably wasn't the best song to pick." Genna shook her head.
"No, I think I needed to hear that. Thank you." Dalia nodded, and the three of us hugged. We all promised that we would fight through our different cancers together, no matter what.