Not giving up

So here we are in the van trying to make sure everything goes right for dottie to get a sample of Whitney frost. We spent the whole day together I want to tell her how I feel, but something always gets in the way and worried she returned the feelings. Lately she's been so worried about Jason I just feel like I lost my chance.
Peggy gets up and reaches for the door so she can help Jarvis find dottie. All of a sudden she stops and turns around I see her stitches are open. I stand up quick to help her out giving her a tissue to stop the bleeding she gives me a half smile.
I ask her how she is feeling and says embarrassed. She should never feel embarrassed around me.
"I guess I have to follow up with violet" peggy says "will see" I try not to look at peggy "is everything alright?" Peggy knows me to well "yeah we get it fix"
"I'm talking about with violet" I say nothing "DANIEL" the way she said my name. I look at her I can't lie to peggy. I steal a quick glance at her "violet broke off the engagement" this is not how I wanted to tell her "WHAT" peggy yells i tell her i messed up. she talks about talking to Violet and persuade her to taking me back. I start to get mad "she broke it off because she thinks I'm in love with you" I froze I can't believe I just said that. I try to look anywhere but peggy direction. She doesn't question if that's how I really feel and I don't deny it. "Daniel I'm so sorry... truly"
She grabs my hand I stare at our hands touching without realizing what I am doing I turned my hand over. I take a quick glance at peggy but my attention goes back to her automatically. She stares at me with those beautiful big Brown eyes and behind them I see something. Maybe I was wrong this whole time and peggy does return the feelings. I want to kiss her. She is so beautiful I have to take the chance I lean in and so does she my heart is beating so fast our hands still touching.
BAM something hits the van causing us to pull away. Everything in the van falls and breaks. We go out and see a body. Dottie is causing trouble. The party is breaking up we have no choice but to leave her behind and get started early in the morning.
I'm laying in bed I keep replying what happen in my head how close we were to kissing a smile comes to my face. Maybe I do have a chance with her. I fall asleep with peggy on my mind.
We get a head start in the morning. We go to the lab trying to fix the tracker so we can find dottie. Dr Wilkes but peggy pays him no mind and she tells him that they will talk later and we have to find dottie. Just then Jarvis walks in " Mrs carter you have a visitor..it's chief Thompson" she starts to walk I grab her hand stopping her telling her don't go Jarvis can send him away and I'll take the blame for her " that's very sweet of you daniel, but I can handle jack Thompson" her hand is around my wrist whike she walks away her hand slides down to my hand finially letting go. I watch her leave and go back to trying to fix the machine. no doubt in peggy knowing she can handle jack.
I steal a quick glance at jason. He also was looking at the door watching peggy leave. I get a little jealous I don't want anyone looking at my peggy like that. I think to my self that I will win Peggy's heart I lost her once and I won't lose her again.

**author note ***
I can never think of a good title I take a longer time thinking of a title than the story it's self haha
I really hope everyone enjoys and tell me what you think...sorry if it's not as good as the first one