Chapter 2

◆◆Chapter 2◆◆

"AJ!" Lita yelled as she banged on his bedroom door. "Aaaa Jayyyy!!!"

"If he's late, he's late." Juanita said to Lita. She was about to walk out the door to go to work.

"Alright, have a good day at work ma." Lita said hugging her mother. She really appreciated her because she was the only parent she had.

"Muy bien, te quiero (alright, I love you)," she said opening the door.

"Yo también te quiero (love you too)," Lita said before closing and locking the door.

Lita went into her room, grabbed a wire hanger from her closet and walked back out the room. She straightened the hook part of the hanger. Lita angled the hanger to fit in the hole of her brother's door knob. She slowly twisted it left and heard it click, Lita busted through the door and found AJ flying up from under the covers.

"Damn Lita!" He said, "Why the fuck you bustin in here like you the damn F.B.I. or somethin?"

"Learn how to answer me the first time, you know damn well you heard me bangin on that door," Lita yelled gesturing to the door with her index finger. "Stanky ass room," she said looking around. "Come on before you don't have a ride to school." Lita left to finish getting ready.

AJ quickly hopped up out of his bed and closed his room door. "Damn," he sighed in relief. Desiree got up off the floor. She rolled out the bed right before Lita came in.

"Yo sister seem like she don't play." Desiree said getting dressed.

"She straight, Lita just be on that detective shit sometimes."

"Oh, she nosey?"

"Hell Yea! Always in my damn mix." AJ said as he brushed his teeth.

"Well," Desiree said coming behind him and holding him from the back,"I'm about to go home and freshin up, see you at school baby." She kissed his cheek before leaving out the window. The same way she came in the night before.

AJ took a quick shower and got dressed. He wore a a grey hoodie with a blue jean vest over it. Threw on his Levi's and all grey timberland boots. "Niggas gon get stomped today," he said as he fixed his shoe strings.

*knock knock*

"You ready?" Lita asked through the closed door.

"Yea, hold up," AJ said as he grabbed his backpack. "Aye Lita, you think we got time for you to braid my hair right quick?" he said as he swung his door open.

"Nah man, you should have got yo ass up this morning,"she said walking towards the living room.

"Fuck. Alright, whatever," he said following her out the front door.

They rode to school listening to 97.9 the box, Houston's hip-hop and R&B radio station. AJ brushed his long wavy hair into a ponytail. "Aye, drop me off by the field house," he told Lita.

Lita dropped him off and parked the car in the student parking area. She took a deep breath,"here we go," she thought.

AJ said,"What's up," to his boys. Then walked over to his home girl Jennifer. "Hey ma,"he said hugging her.

"Hey AJ, What's up?"

"Could you hit the head for me right quick?"

"Oh Yea, I got you boo." Jennifer sat on top of the metal picnic table, while AJ sat on the bench with his back to her.

Desiree came walking down the side walk towards them. "Hey bae," he said to her.

She leaned down and gave him a kiss. "Hey," she said.

"Hey Jen," Desiree said greeting her friend.

"What's sup?" Jennifer said back.

Desiree sat next to Jennifer on the table and whispered something in to her ear.

Jennifer giggled and replied,"What, Really?"

"Man, what the fuck y'all whispering foe? AJ said turning his head slightly to look back at them. "All that secreted shit."

"You mad?" Jennifer asked while laughing.

"Aaron, chill. I was just telling her about a guy that was trynna cuff her."

"Oh, who da nigga that's trynna fuck wit my homie?"

"Don't worry about, you'll know if it's worth knowing." Jennifer said back to him, finishing his last braid.

"iight bet, but thanks ma," he said getting up, rubbing his head. She braided in his hair in to his usual two braids.

AJ kissed Desiree before returning to his boys. "So, what's up?" he asked entering the circle.

"Well, word is H.D.C. suppose to be on the block in a few days." Hector said, informing us of what's been happening. H.D.C.is a group of Mexican and Latino guys that like to cause trouble through out in their area. H.D.C. stands for High Drunk Cholos.

"Ain't nobody got time for them cuz," Mark said taking a swig of his cigarette. "Them niggas need to grow the fuck up."

"You know how they get down though. So we gotta protect ours." Hector said, refreshing Marks memory.

"Hector, right," AJ said,"You know what they did last month." Last month H.D.C. went on they block and just blew it up. They started off robbing a few houses then came back the next day and shot everything and everybody in sight.

*School Bell Rings*

"We gon finish this later. Met up at the spot after school let out." Hector said dabbing everyone up before leaving. They all started walking towards the worn out building.