The First Date

She wanted to back out of this date. This is for Luke. I knew it. He's been promoting me all this time. She can't even concentrate doing something the whole day.

Would she go? what would Chris say if he knows?

What would Chris say?Why I am so concern about his opinion anyway. I'll go. That's final.

Why Am I agreeing to this? Oh Luke, I'll really kill you for this. I can't even contact him right now. This asshole.

But wait, aside from being nervous, there is an excitement. Like it's my first date.

Well, this is really my first blind date. The first and maybe the last.

Half an hour just standing in front of my closet. I guess I need a wardrobe makeover. What should I wear?

Luke didn't even gave her an idea what he looks like or what he does for a living. . .These idea make me feel so nervous.

She is sure this date will not work. This is just a favor for Luke. When he realize this isn't working, he might stop pairing me to every guy he knew.

I'm not even sure what I'm looking for right now.

She pick up her red dress. Get change. Then look herself in the mirror. She's staring at her reflection, when she remember Chris. . .

"How do I look?"

She is staring at the mirror and wonder what is Chris doing when he didn't even answer her question. She turned around and face him when. . .

"Best, how. . ."

He's approaching her and she didn't even notice. Her face was so close to him.

"Please, I'm not just your best friend now. And. . .you look gorgeous.

She could feel the tension between them. She close her eyes and then the next thing happen is she could smell and feel his warm breath. His lips were soft. The kiss became so intense she could hardly catch her breath. It was her first kiss.

She felt odd after. Like there's something missing on it.

I'm sorry Chris.

She was interrupted with a knock on the door.

"Erica?"

Her Mom. "It's open Mom."

"I heard you're going on a blind date. Did your brother force you to do this?"

"No Mommy. It's my decision to go on this date. "

"Your Dad is worried. . ."

"Dad is worried? So Dad knew about this?"

"Yes."

"Is he still blaming for it?"

"No, of course. He'll find another business partner Erica."

"He lost his best friend Mom, not just a business partner."

Uncle Leo pull out on the project when he knew Chris was so affected with the breakup. He can't stand seeing him so mess up. He decided to even sell his shares in the company to cut the connection between us. He is his only son and expected so much that I'll become her daughter in the future.

"Please understand how he feels Erica. .."

"That is all I can do. Respect and understand him. All this time. I'll be going now. See you later Mom." she kiss her cheek and fled.

Of course, she is bringing her car. She didn't agree with Luke suggesting he'll fetch her. That's crazy. She can't even escape if she wants to.

Holy crap!I left my cellphone on the bed. It's too late. Maybe this is the place.

She went inside straight to the reservation counter.

"Reservation for Mr. Cruz please. . ."

"Oh, this way Ma'am."

"Did the other party arrive?"

"Yes, Ma'am. He's waiting on table 9."

Oh shit. She felt excited and at the same time very nervous. The place is cozy and the ambiance is great. Very romantic for a blind date.

And there he is. . .the only visible is his back. He is tall with a broad shoulders. He turns his head and saw her. He smile and stand up to offer her a seat. Not bad Luke.

"You are Erica, right? please have a seat."

"I'm Daniel. One of your brother's business partners. We're doing a project together."

Oh Luke. I'll kill you for this.

"Did he mention anything to you? he wondered.

"He didn't mention anything."

"Oh, I'm Daniel Cruz. I'm an architect. My hobbies are playing basketball, reading, and watching news on current events. . ."

"Is dating women not included in your hobby?"

Oh my God. Where do I get the guts to ask him that. Shit.

He laughed."Unfortunately, it wasn't. I go on date seldom. That is when I want to." he is staring at her. "How about you?"

"Dating is not my thing and. . ."

"I mean, what are your hobbies when you're not dating."

"oh. I'm sorry. I love painting."

After that awkward moment, everything went well. He is humble and handsome. Not to mention he's a gentleman. But, there is no spark. The kind of like the movies.

What's wrong with me?