Brand New day

1 month later.

Time passed by so quickly. Aside from helping my Mom managing her chain of coffee shops, most of my days end up here in my studio. Wasting all the paints. Doing some stuff. This is my way of disposing my emotions.

I heard Chris is on vacation. Maybe, giving quality time for himself. Away from me.

I'll be a bitch if I say I didn't miss him. Of course I do. But this is for the best. I almost forget I have a cellphone. No one is dropping an email or even messages. Only Chris will waste his time sending her love quotes and sweet messages.

Her phone rings.

. . .Lukey calling. . .

"Where the hell are you sissy? Are you seriously keeping yourself in prison in your paradise?" She heard him deviously laughing on the other line.

"Bro, I'm doing something. Stop messing up with me. Bye!"

"Wait! Where are you? I'm at the coffee shop. Be here. There is something I want to talk about."

"But. . .."

She's not even finish yet, he drop the line. What an asshole. He never wanted a "NO" for an answer. What is he up to right now after a long vacation with his girlfriend.

She has no choice but to pack up. Get the her car key and drive out.

At the shop.

"There you are. How are you? You look so skinny. Are you on extreme diet?" He is teasing her.

"Aside from Dad not speaking to me, yes I'm fine and I'm not on diet." she smirked.

"How's Chris?Any news?"

"Lukey. . .We are not here to talk about him, are we?"

The the waitress came bringing two lattes.

"Thank you, Betty." to the waitress.

"Erica, I'm worried about you. You're not going out with your friends. You are stuck in your studio with no one to talk to."

"Bro, I'm fine."

"You're not even talking to your friends."

"Who?"

"Aside from Chris, you forget about Lexy."

"Lexy is not in favor of me breaking up with Chris. How am I going to talk to her?"

"Sissy, she is your friend and she is worried about you, of course."

"Is this why we are here? This is all about Lexy and all my friends. Luke, I want to be alone."

"You were alone for a month now. The world outside misses you, sister. Even Bryan told be you lock yourself in your room or in your studio."

"Luke, I didn't lock myself. I'm here in the shop daily." she smile.

"Come with me tonight."

"To where?"

"Bar hopping. . ."

"What?! No way. . .you know I hate crowded places."

"Lexy will be there."

"Wait a minute, why are keep on bringing Lexy's name here? Are you two. . ."

"No! We have a common friend coming too."

"How come I didn't know you both belong to the same circle right now?"

". . .maybe because you lock up yourself for a while now."

"Asshole."

"Bad word."

"Look, I don't have time for this. I have something behind the deadline right now."

"Oh common' Erica. How about set you up on a date?"

"I'm not ready for any commitment."

"You're not going to hook up sissy, you'll just opening yourself again."

"But Luke, I'm not prepared to open up myself to anyone. I am happy right now."

"Erica. . ."

"Lukey, I don't need anyone at the moment. I'm busy. I would rather go on vacation than setting me up on this blind dates."

"I miss you sissy. I miss my sister who's happy and full of life. Please think about it."

"Okey."

"Okey you'll think about it or Okey you'll give it a try?"

"I'll think about it. For you."

"Oh my God! You don't know how happy I am for you. Can I have a huge hug please?"

She hug him and say goodbye.

At her room.

She open her laptop and reactivate her social media. It's been a while. Her cellphone beep. A message. She threw her cellphone on the bed. Maybe later.

She is too busy browsing randomly on her timeline when Lina(their maid) is knocking at her door. Lina is a middle age woman older than her mother. She is like a mother to her.

"It's open, please come in Lina."

"Your brother is on the line."

"Who?"

"It's Luke and he said it's important."

What a drag. He really knows me better. He knows I'll pretend to be sleeping to avoid him.

"Okey, I'll be right there. Thank you."

There is really a reason why she doesn't want a phone on her bedroom.

"What is it now? Are you not coming home tonight? This seem to be urgent."

"Are you done thinking?"

"About what Lukey?"

"About the date."

"You're really serious about this. Am I your new project now? Can we talk about this when you come home?"

"No,no,no. I'm not going home tonight. I'll be on my pad. Please say yes."

"You are really a pain in my ass, Luke. Okey fine. I'm doing it."

"Yes! Okey, let's get down to business. You have a date scheduled tomorrow. At 8pm. A dinner date."

"Oh common'. You planned this don't you? Who is the guy?"