1- The factory

Honestly, I wake up to find the room has been trashed. Broken furniture, unmade beds, grime, the lot.

" Ugh, Jake, what did you do! "
" Nothing, what's got you so worked up ? "
Sometimes I hate that robot. As I walked along the walkway, I stopped to watch progress on Project: Aperture. Imagine it. A person's mind and soul inside a robot. A brain scan would be downloaded into the robot's hard drive so that person could live forever. That's why I'm here.

I'm going to meet the frame for where I will be downloaded.
"Director Beech, a pleasure to see you as always.." Director Beech is wearing a 2-piece suit with her hair in a tight bun. "Shall we start the download?" Finally! I've been waiting for this moment my entire life. Literally. I was born for this reason. "Yes." I reply calmly, containing my excitement. "Good, we're right on schedule. Follow me."

I was lead into a completely white padded room. In the middle was an indescribable robot.

"Wow, impressive. That's my body, right?" Director Beech just nodded.
"Lets get this started." She points to a chair and a headband with wires. I put the headband on and sat in the chair, heart pounding and nerves jittering. "Ready when you are, director." One of the scientists pull a lever and press enter. That was my first mistake. It Was like being shot through the head with a knife.  All I could see was numbers. I choked, screamed and just as quicky as it had started, everything went black.

That was 18 years ago...