Results

After the first few days I wanted nothing more than to go running back to Zayn’s arms. The pain had gotten so much worse and the treatment came with numerous side effects, the main one being it made me exhausted. My cousin was doing a great job of taking care of me and my mom would be in tomorrow but I still wanted Zayn. He to me was comfort but the vision of him with Perrie flashed across my mind and put a stop to my wants. He would have to work hard to gain my trust even if I was sick.

I was lying on the couch under a bunch of blankets trying to stay warm. It was the middle of summer but with the treatment I was always cold. Dani ran to the store to do some grocery shopping since I would be spending some time at home and I was flipping through the joy of day time television. I was in pain and near tears but all I could do was try to tolerate it until I fell asleep. As I began to drift off I heard a knock at the door. I mustered up the strength to leave my cocoon of blankets to answer the door. When I opened it there was nothing but a bouquet of roses and a box. I picked up the flowers and box and carried them to my kitchen table. There was no note with the flowers so I decided that maybe the package had I note on the inside. I let out a gasp when I opened the box. It contained my shoe that I lost when I was running from Zayn the night at the party. Before I could read the letter that was with the shoe my vision was clouded with tears. I Sobbed quietly into my hands trying to gain back my composure. Finally, I pushed away the tears and read the note.

Ava,

I know I screwed up but I didn’t kiss Perrie back. You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. You left this at the party and I thought maybe my princess needed her glass slipper back. I'm not going to give up until I make this right. I miss you Av. When you are ready to talk I'm a phone call away.

Zayn

With that every wall that was still standing inside of me came crashing down. I needed him it was no doubt but Zayn would have to earn me back, but I hoped he would do it quickly because I wanted him back. Even though what he did was wrong I needed him here with me to help me fight this. I was so angry about everything but for once in my life someone was willing to fight for me and that’s exactly what I needed.

It had been a week since I had seen Zayn but I had received a bouquet of roses every day since I had found the first bouquet in front of my door. I was feeling terrible between the disease taking over my body and the treatment I was receiving to fight it. I spent most of my time in my bed either sleeping or crying from the pain. The pain from the illness was enough but I had the pain of wanting Zayn back on top of it. My mom was in town and taking care of me every day which I was so grateful for. I was lying in bed when I heard a light tapping on my bedroom door.

“Ava? Someone is here to see you.” My mom announced before she pushed open the door.

I rolled over to see the familiar figure walk in behind my mom. He was wearing his leather jacket which suggested he was probably riding his motorcycle, and his usual black chinos hung from his hips. His hair was messy but still looked so perfect and stubble outlined the shape of his jawline. The familiar caramel of his eyes were glossy from tears threating to come forward as he looked me over. I knew it was probably a complete shock to see me so ill after only a week but I knew there was no way I was going to tell him what was happening. I gave him a weak smile as he stood in complete shock. I had lost weight and my complexion was pale. I had never imagined that I was this sick and would go downhill so fast.

“I’ll leave you two to talk.” My mom announced her presence before she left the room.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he nearly shouted.

“We weren’t exactly on good terms Zayn.” my weak voice bit back.

“Still Ava! I would have been here for you! This whole week I’ve been worried that you were hurting yourself over my stupid mistake but then I find out that you are sick! I’ve been going crazy without you Ava absolutely crazy. I’ve thought of all the ways I could get you to forgive me but then I get here and your mum tells me you have Leukemia. Leukemia Ava! I could have lost you and you didn’t tell me!” He confessed as a single tear ran down his cheek.

The pain all of a sudden began more intense and I tried to get up to leave the room. Listening to Zayn pour his heart out to me was too much for me to take, I had to get away.

“Ava where are you going you should stay in bed.” he tried to stop me from getting around him.

“No Zayn I can’t be here with you. Not like this.” I said as I attempted to push him away.

“Ava please just get back into bed, I will leave just get back into bed.” he pleaded.

“Yeah go ahead and walk away Zayn. It’s not like I need you or anything.” I snapped.

“Ava I'm doing my best to fight for you and you are pushing me away!” he shouted.

“You should have thought about that before you kissed Perrie!” I shouted back.

“She kissed me! You honestly think that I would kiss another girl when you are the best thing to happen to me?” he snapped back.

I had nothing to say. I couldn’t think of anything. He cared about me that much? Is that why my feelings were so shattered when I caught him kissing Perrie? Could I actually be falling in love with Zayn? As my mind was racing I began to feel the room spin. I felt like I was going to pass out but I couldn’t make any words come out. Zayn took my silence as a cue to leave and he turned to go.

“I care about you a lot Ava and I will always be here for you even if you don’t want Me.” he said from over his shoulder.

The pain increased and everything was fading away. I needed Zayn right now because I knew something was wrong. I tried to get his attention but I couldn’t make words.

“Zayn turn around.” I finally managed to plead.

He turned just in time to catch me before I hit the floor. Everything turned to static before I faded to black with Zayn’s beautiful voice pleading for me to open my eyes. But there was nothing I could do before I was on the other side of consciousness.