One

Jaiden felt a crooked grin cross her face as she looked at her display. Five photographs lined her dresser. In the frames were pictures that were taken when the victims were unaware of her presence. The digital clock sent out an unsettling series of hisses as 06:00 flashed across the screen. She blinked and staggered to her feet with no grace lying within. She put on her sneakers with a demented chuckle as she thought about her loves. Her heart pumped with endorphins as she strutted down the lengthy side walk, towards her school.

The hallway walls seemed to careen away from her as she stepped towards Sam's class. Her heart seemed to lurch as she saw him loitering by his locker. She felt her limbs grow weak as they started to shake. "S... Senpai," she whispered before disappearing into the classroom.

Time slithered onward as boring classes probed her patience. Lunch arrived with what felt like a jolt of electricity coursing her veins. she bolted into the school yard with a broad smile coating her face. her brown and blue hair flowed behind her in a long ponytail. Giggles swirled around her in a soft, hushed tone as she ran for the shed. The old, broken doors groaned as she ripped them open. her laughter got louder as she plucked a knife of silver from the ancient drawers that lied in waiting for use. She took a quick glance at her surroundings before listening to the turtle dove sing its song of the day. she tossed her knife in her hand casually before she took aim and shot it at the silver bird with expert precision just as the school yard grew quiet. it was pinned to the tree by its neck. the glazed over eyes whispered to her and increased her blood lust. she retrieved the dainty knife before slipping back into her small algebra class.

She hid the blade in her pocket and laid her hands on her desk. Her pupils kept stopping on Jake as she glanced around the room. When his eyes met hers, a heavy blush spread across her face and she started her focus towards the front of the room.

Her attention was interrupted by a chain of words that strung together like a dog eating ten pounds of chocolate in one setting. "Jaiden is such a creep and a loser. She probably -," the girl known as Kamary stopped in the middle of her sentence as Jaiden's hand slapped her desk. Kamary looked up with fear jolting around her pupils as her body started to quiver. Jaiden was out of her seat now and standing over the blonde girl. She grabbed her chin with a grin, making Kamary look at her.

"When the bell rings, you're dead meat," someone whispered into Kamary's ear. Jake had earbuds in and had no idea what was happening, so Jaiden took her chance to punch the girl that had spoken against her.

Kamary sat in her chair and rubber her cheek that had pain exploding from every section of it. She spat out blood and looked like she was about to spew tears. Jaiden let out a victory laugh in the quiet of her mind as the bell chimed the arrival of passing period. She glanced at the terrified lady next to her before getting up and stalking out even though every part of her wanted to strangle Kamary until she was a lifeless carcass.

Rage surged through her stiff muscles as someone rammed into her. "Watch where you're going!" She demanded in a hiss. The boy looked up with a startled blink and started dashing away. Instincts pumped through Jaiden as she sprinted after him. Don't run from the hound unless you want to be chased.

He darted through the school doors without any hesitation. 'Wrong way, boy,' she grinned as she felt for the blade that had been stashed away. It was gone. She halted in her hunt and sensed alarm coiling through her. She turned her gaze towards a group of boys. One particular boy had short, brown hair and was holding the small knife with a sketch of death scribbled on the side. Her blood froze as she recalled his name. 'Max-Chan has my knife... I need that, but I can't talk to Max senpai,' she whined before turning back to her locker in a defeated stand.

Her stomach lurched as she was trapped in her desk that rested beside Sam in photography. She set her older camera down, facing Sam in attempt to get a new snap shot. Before she could hit the button, he leaned back in his chair with a loud yawn that vibrated throughout the room. She grumbled before adjusting her ponytail and 'focused' on the teacher with the occasional peak at her senpai. She couldn't move a muscle.

The desks creaked and groaned as Sam got up to show off his photo. The floor grunted with every step the rounder child took towards the front of class and Jaiden was watching every minute of it in great detail. She was studying the way he seemed to slow down how swiftly he stepped towards the cork board. A grin was present on her lips and she hadn't noticed it until someone hit the back of her chair, forcing her to send out a squeal.

She put her hand over her mouth with wide eyes because she had made the noise right as Sam was speaking. He gave her a glare of hatred before waiting. He eventually rolled his eyes and continued on.

Jaiden's face was red as she began to ponder. She gazed out of the tinted window and into the bright light being cast by the sun. The other doves seemed to mourn the one she slaughtered with gloomy songs. She closed her eyes at the sudden serenity before becoming aware of everyone staring at her. They all laughed and then returned their attention to the front with the occasional caterwaul or chuckle in the background.

She clenched her hands shut and reached behind her back. She found the note and ripped it to shreds without even reading it. She felt the desks slide as Sam took his place and her blood pumping organ began to race again: with both obsession and blood lust.