Snawls and Adresses

Austin steps inside and is guided to the living room where six pairs of eyes greet him. He shook Dad's hand and said, "Uh, hello sir, I'm Austin, your daughter's... Umm...", Austin blushes and his eyes ask me what he should say. "My boyfriend.", I get up and place my delicate hand in his strong, worn one. He smiles relieved knowing I liked that kiss he startled me with.

Rye jumped up and walked towards us, "You look cool. I like you.", with that he bounced up stairs into his room. But Oliver had very different thoughts... Oliver cleared his throat and took a step towards Austin. "Wow, you and Will huh?", he gave a smug smile that gave an impression of friendliness but I knew better, "What can you give her besides pretty looks?", Oliver snapped.

Austin stood taller, "I could ask you the same question."

I gasp and stare at Austin, no one in their right mind calls Oliver just a pretty face... "What, did you just say to me?!", Oliver growled. "Please back down." , I think to my self, "please."

    "I said!", Austin snarled, "I could ask you the same thing, what are you besides a pretty face?!"

I choke back a sob, dash out the door and run past the streets and into the grassy meadow I keep running entill I reach the tree from witch I was named then slump up against it.

...

Tears. Tears trickle down my face and drip in my lap where my clutched fists lay. Up in the branches very little noise can be heard but I still hear him coming. "Hey.", Austin mumbled but I inched farther away, "I'm sorry but, if your ex boyfriend is still close-" "He's not my ex.", I interfere, "He's like my cousin."

He laughed his deep laugh and I'm forced not to smile, "Why is that funny?", I snap. He comes closer and says, "My father had a crush on this girl and she said he was like a cousin to her and he never got over her." I think if the same pain has fallen upon Oliver...

       "So", Austin whispered, "I live in the seam, the forth house from the crossroads, will you and your family join us for dinner?... Oh and don't bring your "cousin"."  I turn around and push Austin off the willow he lands with a thud on the ground. I glance down, he lays motionless in the grasslands. "Oh, God!", I think, "Have we always been this high up?!"

        I climb down to the ground and swat down next to Austin telling him to wake up. His eyes open and whispers, "Willow?" I sigh then kiss him. My lips remember the feeling and it's just as amazing as before. "So...", Austin smiles, "Is that a yes?"

"Sure.", I laugh, "See you at six?"