Chapter 7: Letting Go

Dedicated to who_i_am_now & shotstill75. Thank you for voting and commenting.

Warning: Unedited chapter plus I'm not good at describing places so please feel free to kill me. orz

***

"I'm in love with you, Jongin... that's why..."

Jongin didn't know how twisted his life could be. He was never aware of Jihyo's feelings for him. They're bestfriends, and the number one rule for boy and girl bestfriends is to not to fall in love if they wanted to keep the friendship for a long time.

"I didn't mean to fall in love with you, but I did. I didn't know when or how did it start, it just... happened."

Jongin massages his temple. It's been 3 days since Jihyo confessed to him, and he didn't get enough sleep after that. It still gives him headache whenever he thinks of it.

"Don't worry, I can surpass this! It's just that I can't be with you and won't see you for a while... maybe when I finally get over you, we could be friends again. Although I didn't know when was that... but hopefully it'll be sooner, because I'm sure I'm going to miss hanging out with you."

"Goodbye, Jongin."

Jihyo's words kept replaying on his mind, like a song on repeat.

"Are you okay?" Soojung asks when Jongin didn't answer her.

"Yeah I'm okay... what was it again?"

"I said Baekhyun oppa asks me to remind you about your practice game later."

"Ah, yes I remember that..."

"You're spacing out again, Jongin. Did something happened?"

"Well Jihyo confessed to me, that's what happened." Jongin thought.

"Nothing, I'm just nervous for the upcoming game, that's why."

"Really? For sure your team will win. Jihyo told me you guys are really good, so try to loosen up a bit, okay?" Soojung said as she pats his shoulder.

Jihyo... Jongin flinches when Soojung mentions her name. He haven't seen her since that day. He honestly hoped that he will at least see her at the hallway or at the locker area, but the girl was elusive.

"And speaking of Jihyo, I haven't seen her lately. Where is she?"

"She's avoiding me. And she's really taking it seriously..." Jongin sighs loudly as he tries to answer all of Soojung's queries in his head. Soojung looks at the person beside her, who's thoughts have been occupied once again.

Jongin's been heaving sighs since he visit Soojung's house last Sunday afternoon. He was exhilarated a few days ago when she agreed about him visiting their house, and was even more excited when she told him she'll teach him how to bake brownies. But when she opened the door, she didn't expect to see a sulking Jongin standing in front of her doorstep. She didn't know how to comfort him since she thinks Jongin's friends is somehow involved of his gloomy mood.

"Maybe it was because of me..." Soojung thought.

***

Jihyo visits his grandfather's tomb. It's been a while since she visited the place. Wearing a small smile, she looks at her grandfather's tomb and dusted the dried leaves that has fallen as she place a bouquet of flowers on top of it.

"Sorry if I took a while to visit you here." Jihyo silently said. "I missed you so much, pops. How I wish I can talk to you right now. I really need to hear your voice..."