Cold, deadly, Venom.

The rain was cold as it showered down from the night sky, slamming against my face, feeling as though it would leave welts, and the cold winter wind whipped my hair around my head.That's how the weather was that night.

I stood on the sidewalk, motionless and shivering as strangers scurried for shelter, or called for a taxi. The weather was supposed to change into a snowstorm, but I didn't care,

because he was there.

Smiling as though he knew me for all his life and thought the world of me, I felt my own cheeks pull up into a big smile revealing my pearly whites, and a few tears slip out of my eyes.

He held his hand out to me, his green eyes twinkling under the street lamp, his black hair messily tucked under a toboggan. His outstretched hand stayed there as if to shelter me from the troubles of the world.

Before I could even realize what I was doing, I was running, tripping over my own feet trying to reach him before he would disappear from me again. I ran as fast as I could, knowing that he was my sanctuary, the same sanctuary that would soon cast me into eternal darkness.

When I ran into his arms, they weren't the same as they were two years ago. I wasn't warm in his arms. I didn't feel safe, but why didn't I? I heard his dark chuckle, and a chill spread down my spine, as I found myself in a dark, cold hell in which I was curled in fetal position,trying to hold myself from falling apart as I drifted through the frozen air, feeling the chill spread to my core, as though i'd turned completely to ice. Though I was surrounded by warm red flames shining brighter than the sun itself, I still felt frozen, stiff and lifeless.

Of all the people in the world, why'd it happen to me?