Here we go again.

(Okay so this is my entry for the #lessthanthreecontest by @DarcyVance . Hope you all enjoy it. :D) 

I checked my bag again for the two thousandth time, making sure I'd not forgotten anything. I had a few clothes, toiletries, a couple of snack bars, my camera and some notepads. I located my piggy bank on the other side of the room and emptied its contents. 6 months' worth of savings. Summer was officially starting today, after an excruciatingly long school year. I had to make a move now.

I shoved my phone and headphones into my sling bag, cautiously pausing my song before yanking the earphones off. I took a good look at myself in the mirror before leaving the room. I was wearing a red plaid shirt with black dungarees and a pair of hiking boots and a black beanie to hide my hair. After the faded pink I had decided to go with something different so I tried purple ombré. My hair had grown and was now shoulder length. I would need to stop at Bianca's for a quick little something. Bianca was an university student Maddison and I met at a get together Andrew organized a few months ago. It seems she had taken a liking to Craig but I doubt the feelings were returned.

I grabbed my bags, held my skateboard with one hand and headed downstairs to post a last entry before I left the house.

Wednesday 14th July, 05:56 AM. Term of the day= Foison: abundance; plenty.

I today prepare to go explore the foison of Gaea (Mother Earth). Adieu.

Fishing out the keys from the "Welcome" mat at the entrance of the house as agilely as I could, I unlocked the front door and shut it right behind me. The cool morning breeze untangled the knots in my nerves and I felt myself grow less tense. I was doing the right thing.

Off to Bianca's.

"I'm going away for a while

But I'll be back, don't try to follow me

'Cause I'll return as soon as possible

See, I'm trying to find my place

But it might not be here where I feel safe."

Paramore had to be the best after PaperKut. They were almost as delicious as too, but Gordon Toledo is lord of them all.

I made my way towards the entrance of the city. Wherever I felt that was, that is. I wasn't going anywhere in particular – all I was sure of was that I needed a paradigm shift, a sabbatical leave of some sort. And that was exactly what I was going for.

I knew full well one could not get up and abandon whatever life they had on impulse. It also seemed like a very cowardly thing to do, in all honesty. It wasn't like some boy had just smashed my heart into the pit of eternal damnation and I felt that running away was the best solution. As if.

But if one thing was certain, is that I needed to go. Maybe, just maybe, I was dissatisfied with my current life and I desperately sought to create a life-upsetting change that challenged me. I couldn't be the new me here. I just didn't see it happening.

I thought of Maddison, Craig and my family and my heart sank further into my gut. I blinked back hot tears and attempted to think of anything but them.

"Find your path, Summer," Craig had said. "And when you do that, come back good ol' C-man." His eyes were bloodshot from sleepless nights spent on the phone with me, planning on how to cover for me but, I swear I saw the beginning of tears in the corners of his eyes.

The sound of the water splashing against rocks brought me back to reality. I was in the park. The water was warm and inviting so I allowed my cold feet in it, putting my luggage on a nearby bench. Bianca had promised she would deliver my notes to everybody and take care of Maddison. She needed to be catered for, that girl.