01

A few years have passed since the Shinsengumi left Edo. A more mature Kagura realized her feelings for Sadist were more than those shared with a comrade.

 A more mature Kagura realized her feelings for Sadist were more than those shared with a comrade

"Damn you, Sadist!" Kagura shouted, unable to stop the tears from streaming down her face.

"I'd hate to waste the tears of a maiden

"I'd hate to waste the tears of a maiden. Oh, wait. It's just you, China."

Kagura looked behind her for the familiar voice. It was a voice she had initially loathed, yet grown to love.

"Sadist!"

"You called, China?"

"I can't believe you're back. But, why are you soaked?"

"Why so curious?"

"I'm not." Kagura puffed her cheeks in denial.

"Well, to be honest. I had to break if off with my girlfriends before coming back. I'm not the type of guy who can handle a long distance relationship."

"Girlfriends? As in more than one?!"

"Six to be exact." He clarified.

"Six?!" Kagura instinctively pulled out her umbrella for a swing. "You jerk!"

Kagura had never officially confessed, therefore, he was not technically hers. He was free to do what he wanted, but still, it kinda stung for a first love.

"That's more like you, China." Sougo sidestepped with ease. "Welcoming me with your fists feels more like home."

Unbeknownst to China, Sougo had a recent run-in with a ronin prior to their meeting. His battle with the masterless samurai had taken place near a lake and the fool had used the water as a cover.

Unfortunately, he was no match for Sougo who wasn't in a good mood. He had finally reached Edo after three straight days of walking and was looking forward to seeing a certain vermillion head. He had no time for the amateur and would have gladly ignored him, if not for the large bounty that had been placed on his own head.

"That doesn't make sense!" Kagura had shouted, interrupting his thoughts. "How can you still be wet after travelling from out of the city?"

"In other words, you think I'm lying?" He asked.

"Yeah, aru." She shot a few rounds at his head, but Sougo was too quick. He had already dodged and swung his sword to counter her attack. She backed away, only to run forward and have their weapons clash.

"I know you're a sadist." She looked into his eyes.

"Gee, thanks. I'm glad you noticed." He smiled in a rather sinister way.

"Let me finish." Kagura twirled in the air and landed behind him, her umbrella pointed perfectly at his head. "It's because you're a sadist that you hide your vulnerable side. You wouldn't be able to handle six-timing since you're so fragile."

"Ouch." Sougo played along. "Seems like you hit a sore spot."

This scenario had caused him to recall a time during the Rokkaku Arc where he had been leisurely sucking on an orange chuubert in his mouth while sitting on the park bench with her umbrella also aimed at the back of his head. Since then, he has always wondered how she could see through his lies.

In the midst of their fight, Sougo brought up their promise.

"Then, have you lost to anyone since I left?"

"No, aru. What of it?" Kagura was taken aback, surprised that he remembered.

Sougo ducked from her view and swept his legs toward her, causing Kagura to lose balance and fall into his arms. He leaned closer to her face, only stopping about an inch away from her nose.

"Since I can't seem to hide anything from you, China. I might as well confess."

A puzzled Kagura continued to look at the sandy-haired samurai. He tried to find the right words to continue. It was the first time he had done this. Normally, it was the other way around.

"I've always had a soft spot for you, China." He admitted.

A certain human-wearing glasses cleared his throat in the heat of the moment.

Why am I always witnessing their flirting?

The boy-girl pair toppled over in the dust upon hearing Shinpachi, who could no longer stand to watch them continue.

"Eh?" Sougo's fingertips had landed on a soft cushion and he squeezed instinctively without realizing what it was.

When the dust cleared, Sougo's left hand could be seen groping Kagura's right breast.

"A soft spot, eh?" Kagura understood.

Gin-chan was right. All men thought with their dicks.

"You mean you're only after my breasts!!" Kagura exploded, blowing both Sadist and Shinpachi away with her umbrella.

Well, he had to admit that was certainly true. Only for China's breasts, though.

+++End of Chapter 1+++

Author's Note: I just made a few minor changes to fix awkward sentences. Also, look forward to chapter 2. I'll upload it as soon as I edit it.