Lanyon

Prelude

Another terrible scream reached his ears. The Jekyll's house seemed to be empty. Only a young, black haired man was sitting in a chair. Garson flinched as the shout echoed through the building. Several days had passed and something had changed.

Henry Jekyll would lock himself up for days in his laboratory. He refused to see anyone or to speak to anyone. Garson had kept sending people away with the excuse the dear Doctor was not feeling well. Of course this lie couldn't be farther from the truth.

Garson knew what was going on. Doctor Henry Jekyll was fighting against Edward Hyde. His inner demon had become more and more powerful these days. After the murder of Sir Danvis Carrew screamed in the papers, Henry had realized that he had gone too far. And now he tried something that might be impossible: Doctor Jekyll tried to make the antidote that would destroy Hyde completely.

I have to see if he is alright. Garson disapproved of everything Jekyll did as Hyde and that he had created this potion in the first place, but he was his assistant. It was his duty to check on his master. The young man stood up and walked towards the lab. The heavy door was locked and the screams echoed through its massive wood.

Garson knocked against it. "Doctor Jekyll!", he called, "Doctor Jekyll, is everything alright in there?" A whimpering, groaning sound was the answer. "Leave me alone." Edward Hyde. His voice had this bestial growl, but right now he sounded incredibly weak. "I am alright."

"Edward, you are lieing", responded Garson. Panic prickled in his neck and sweat danced on his forehead. He shook the door's knob, which refused to open. "What is going on?" The door opened briefly. Edward stared at him. He was a small, ugly man with tousled hair and an uncombed beard.

His cyan eyes flashed and he bared his teeth. Garson backed away. "There!", snapped Edward Hyde and dropped a crunched letter in front of his assistant's feet. He picked it up. Unfolding the letter, Garson read: Dear Garson. I am afraid the medicals you brought me are useless. I request that you begin your search for the right chemical with greater precision. Ask every chemist in London if you must. I cannot stress enough how important this is for me. FOR GOD'S SAKE! Find me some of the OLD stuff! Doctor Henry Jekyll

~Jekyll & Hyde~

The laboratory was laying underneath the earth. It was a large, great hall with bricked walls on one side and rough stone on the other. Old lamps send orange rays on tables and shelves. Dust laid on glass bottles, boxes, thermometers, Erlenmeyer flasks and test tubes. However the devices that stood on the table looked rather clean.

Robert Jekyll was standing in front of the table. His eyes were rested on several test tubes, which he had filled with a green liquid. His grandfather's original potion. Green for Jekyll and red for Hyde. Robert carefully took a drop with a pipet and placed it under his microscope. His eye squinted as he eyed the liquid underneath it.

There has to be a way to recreate Henry's old potion. Robert knew that it was made out of monocane and several other ingredients. But what had been these ingredients and how much had Henry used? And most off all, was there a way for Robert to recreate the potion and maybe make it even more stable?

For Robert it was the only option he saw right now. He was a Doctor and had studied biochemistry and medicine. He knew what certain chemicals could numb pain, what could be done to sew wounds and what certain poisons did to human bodies. So he should be able to find a formula that would maybe destroy Hyde completely or at least allow Robert to suppress him effectively with minimal effort.

Come on. What is your secret? Robert had poured a bit of the green potion in a small bottle. Eying it, he narrowed his eyes. His grandfather surely had kept notes on how he created that potion. But where were those notes? Robert would give anything to find them. What is needed to make me change from Jekyll to Hyde?