Part 3

I scam the aisles in hopes to find something I feel like eating. I decide to go for a salad and I start making my way over to the vegetable department.

I hear my phone buzz in my pocket indicating me that I had just received a text. I pick it up and read the message as I continue to walk towards the right aisle.

Andrew: Hii what are you up to? I miss you already 😣😚

Personally I find it quite odd that he keeps sending me those kiss-emojies. We're not in a relationship nor will we ever be. I just think that he probably considers me a better friend than I do him.

My thoughts are soon interrupted when I notice someone coming from behind the corner literally a split-second before I would have bumped into them.

"Sorry." I mumble and look up to give the person an apologetic smile.

I gasp when I see that the person is Jake. Yep, the one and only.

"Skylar, right?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, I was too concentrated on my phone to see where I was going." I chuckle nervously.

I already ponder on what am I going to say to him next.

"It's fine." He states. He seems really tense and reserved for some reason. Is something bothering him?

"So I'm just going to grab a salad for a late lunch for myself and then some chocolate for Julie. You know us girls and our cravings when we're on our period right?" I laugh.

He lets out a dry chuckle and agrees. Somehow it feels so forced coming from him.

"So do you want to come with me to check on her? I know you two are pretty good friends." I suggest.

"I can't. I actually have to be somewhere." He makes a quick excuse and picks up his shopping basket and hides it behind his legs. "But I'll see you around, Skylar." He says and turns to leave.

"See ya." I say quietly, mostly to myself as he has already taken many long strides away from me. I try to peek at his shopping basket as he hurries to the cashier's. No such luck.

Why does he have to be so secretive about everything? It only makes me more fascinated and attracted to him.

It takes me a while to realize that I've been standing here for several minutes now like a complete moron. I pick up my shopping basket and go get myself a chicken salad.

After picking up some Hershey's chocolate for Julie I pay for my things and head back to her dorm.

~~~~~~~~~

The poor girl was still asleep so I left the chocolate on her nightstand and headed back to my own dorm room.

Much to my dismay my roommate is still not here. I sit on my bed and eat my salad like the loner I am.

Now what? Classes don't start until next monday and it's currently thursday.

I decide to text Matt.

Me: what are you up to?

After a couple of minutes of scrolling through instagram he replies.

Matt: Nothing much, wanna come to my dorm to hang out with me and my friend Josh?

I send in a quick reply and he calls me and gives me directions so I'll find the right place.

~~~~~~~~

"Is it really one am already?" Josh asks after checking the time from his phone.

"Oh crap, I should head back to my dorm and go to sleep. Hopefully my roommate has showed up by now." I laugh.

"Who's your roommate?" Matt asks.

"Someone called Carly Jones." I reply.

"Oh, don't expect to see her that often. She's a total sl*t." Josh says.

"Isn't that a bit rude?" I ask. I hate it when people judge others based on rumours.

"Not if it's true and she knows it too." Matt chuckles.

I guess so. It will be nice to have some privacy anyway.

As I get up to leave, Josh asks me:"Would you like to come to a party with us tomorrow night?"

I think about it for a second. A party? Not really my scene. But it would be good for me to meet some new people that go to this school.

Matt soon interrupts my thoughts by answering for me:" She's not much of a partygirl, mate."

Much to his surprise I say:"Sure, sounds great. Text me all the details." and make my way to the door. "Good night, guys."

"Night, Skylar." They both say as I close the door.