Mrs.Butler

Mrs.Butler, my math teacher. She's not the best but I still want to make an impression on the first day. Though I might have already made one because I was late.

"Welcome to math class" she says as her belly shakes. "I will be teaching you for the rest of the year". Everyone lets out a small unhappy groan. She slaps her desk with a ruler. "Quiet!" she shouts. There goes my good first impression.

Mrs.Butler is a plump woman. She has short brown hair that barely touches her shoulders. I'm not one to judge but her clothes look they were picked out an old British man. I probably shouldn't be saying anything because we all look like we are wearing funeral clothes. I guess I will have to get used to the uniforms.

The rest of the class was a blur. All I did was sit there and take the papers that Mrs.Butler handed to me. I'm not a big fan of first days.

"Kelly Anderson!" "HUH?" Mrs.Butler noticed I was daydreaming. She slams the ruler on my desk. Everyone laughs. My cheeks turn bright red. I thought I saw Orva stand up in the back of the classroom. "Yes, um Mrs.Butler?". "Are you sleeping in my class?". "No Mrs.Butler, I was th th thinking" I said stuttering a little. "See me after class Ms.Anderson".

I heard some "oohs" behind me. How old do they think they are?