Chapter Three

Thank you for reading and commenting! :)

The Captain made himself another drink,"She called and said that she had a big surprise. That she would be here with a special guest."

Ella and Tintin had sat down on the sofa. Her dress fit a little too snug around the stomach. Ella felt sorry for the Captain,"What can we do to help?"

He heavily sighed and sat down. Snowy came over, and the Captain began petting him,"I hate to bother you two. Especially since you have a little one on the way," he smiled.

Tintin wrapped his arm around Ella's waist,"Captain were here for you."

Ella chuckled, "I'm pregnant, not helpless. Besides, I believe it will be a little while until the baby comes."

Captain Haddock laughed, "Alright, I was wondering if  you both would be here when she arrives. Who knows what or who she'll bring."   

"What time did she say she'd arrive?" Tintin glanced at his watch.

"Tomorrow at noon," he grumbled, "I wish I hadn't answered that phone call."

Tintin smiled reassuringly, "You know how Bianca is, she would come no matter what."

Ella began giggling uncontrollably,"Do you remember when I had to put on one her dresses?"

Captain Haddock chuckled," You about gave me a heart-attack."

Tintin grinned, "That was one unusual morning."

Ella gasped,"Oh! We forgot to tell you. I think we've finally decided on names for the baby."

That seemed to make the Captain brighten up, "I've been curious what you two would decide."

"If it's a boy his name will be Henry." Tintin said.

"And if it's a girl her name will be Gracie." Ella smiled and put a hand on her stomach.

Captain Haddock nodded, "That's perfect. Henry is a strong name and Gracie sounds very sweet."

"Thank you Captain. I'm thankful we finally decided on names." Tintin grinned.

"We better get back because William is coming." Ella glanced up at the clock on the mantle.

Tintin sighed, " I love seeing William but Ella I can put our baby's crib together just fine."

"I know, but what about the changing table you put together?" Ella slowly got up from her seat.

He frowned, "Now, that was different."

Captain Haddock tried to hold in his laughter.

"Tintin, you had twelve pieces left over." Ella looked at him.

He huffed, "I'll go get our coats."

Ella kissed him on the cheek, "I love you."

Tintin couldn't  help but smile, no matter how upset he was, Ella always changed that.

He quietly mumbled, "I love you too."

When Tintin left to grab their coats, Ella looked worried, "Captain, you don't think I've done the wrong thing? I just thought it would be best if my brother came and a help."

Captain Haddock chuckled," He'll be fine. He is about to be a father and he's wants to impress you. He wants to always be able to care for his family. Don't worry and it will all work out."

Just then, Tintin came in and brought Ella her coat, "We'll see you tomorrow Captain. You know, I'm curious what Bianca Castafiore has planned."

He nodded, "Me too, you never what that woman will do next."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As it turns out William was just like Tintin when it came to putting furniture together. Finally, after about an hour Ella sat down with them and put the crib together herself.

Once everything was finished, William decided he needed to back home.

"This was fun, " he laughed, "Especially, when you showed us how to get things done Ella."

She laughed, "I'm sorry."

Tintin laughed with them," Don't be. William are you sure you won't stay for dinner?"

He smiled, "It tempting, but I better get back."

Ella just came up with an idea,"William, Captain Haddock has a guest coming over tomorrow and he wanted us to come around noon. Do you think you'd want to come?"

William thought for moment then nodded, "Yeah, that would be nice. Are you sure though? I don't want bother anyone."

Tintin grinned," I think the Captain would be happy to have you."

William grinned,"See you tomorrow then."

After they ate supper, Ella and Tintin went into the living room. They sat on the couch and watched the fire in the fireplace. Ella wrapped her arms around Tintin and leaned in close, he stroked her hair. They just enjoyed the comfortable silence. Snowy curled up in his doggy bed near the fire.

"Tintin?" She listened to his soft breathing.

"Hm?"

"If I fall asleep, wake me up." Ella mumbled.

She couldn't see it but Tintin smiled, "Alright."

After a few minutes, Tintin whispered quietly,"Ellie?"

All he heard was the fire crackling and Ella's quiet snoring. He smiled, she never believed him when he told her she snored. Soon, Tintin drifted off to sleep.

Neither one could imagine what the next day would bring.