You're My Girl

Posting this here cause it did scarily well on AO3. Like I don't even understand it! This was just self-indulgent cuddle fic that I wrote when I had my period a while back!

Cover credit goes to the lovely amazing @dontletbreego

Niall and the rest of the boys had a photo shoot that day, but all Niall wanted to do was wrap herself up in the big fluffy blanket she'd managed to bring from home and hide from the world. Preferably with Zayn. She didn't feel like one of the members of the hottest pop band in the world, she felt like a normal hormonal teenage girl.

That morning when she'd woken up she felt fine. Then about two hours later she was in so much pain. She had never had cramps like this when she got her period. Usually she just had a bit of back pain, something which she didn't get a few days before hand, which was why she wasn't expecting to get it now. And why did it have to be today when she had to laugh and smile and be happy so some photographer could get the shots for the new album.

Ni was lying on the bed when there was a knock on her hotel room door. "Yeah, yeah, comin'" she opened the door to see Liam smiling on the other side, "Hey Ni, wanna grab some breakfast before the shoot?" Ni knew she should go with Liam, but she just wanted to wallow, when she didn't reply right away, the smile slipped off his face, "Ni?" She shook her head and attempted a smile,

"Let me just go change and we can go to the shoot."

"Okay"

Ni could feel Liam watching her for the rest of the day. She was changing for the last time, when the cramps became so strong she couldn't hold back pained noise.

"Babe you okay?" She had to take a few deep breaths before she could reply.

"Yeah Zee I'm fine, just hit my elbow. Out in a sec." Niall took a few more deep breaths, saying to herself, almost over, you can do this, almost over, just smile like nothing is wrong

It wasn't like she was afraid to tell the boys about this, it was just that they had a habit of being overprotective of her. Usually she could handle having her period, but this time she felt bloated, the extremely fitted blue dress had felt wrong, and now the bright red jeans felt too tight and uncomfortable, she just wanted to curl up in the sweats she had stolen from Zayn. She sucked it up and walked over to the others, immediately she was surrounded, Liam's arm around her shoulders and Zayn's around her waist. Harry and Lou on the ground before her, Haz with a hand on her ankle absently stroking back and forth and Lou briefly leaning against her other leg. The director of the shoot quickly getting to work rearranging them when he noticed they were all there. But not before Niall noticing the photographer snapping a few candids.

Ni had almost managed to forget about the near constant twinges they were having fun, there were lots of laughs. They had her balancing on one leg as she reached toward Liam and Zayn as Lou and Harry pulled at her outstretched leg, when the strongest pain yet ripped through her middle. She cried out and wrapped her arm round her middle, the movement caused her to lose balance. She felt Zayn move fast to catch her.

"Niall?"

"Ni"

"Nialler?"

"Babe, what's wrong?"

Concern was evident in their voices. She kept breathing, gripping Zayn's biceps, most likely hard enough to bruise. She could feel two hands on her back, could feel both of Zayn's thumbs rubbing slow soothing circles against her hips, and could feel a hand pushing her hair out of her eyes. She felt so loved and protected she wanted to cry. Damn the hormones! "I-I'm fine, just bad cramps, is all."

"You could have said something Ni."

"It's not like there is anything you could do guys." The tears started to well up again, she felt a light kiss on the back of her head then one of the hands disappeared from her back. They stood there, the only movement was from Zayn still rubbing circles at her hips.