Chapter 4.

No where to run

In a room stripped of nothing from left to right, only a sea of white appeased her vision. Her sight was engulfed with the man she loved, situated in front of her. 

Kyoko watched; unable to move or do anything as the man she loved was being ripped apart by his own demons. Her shouts as a black figure devoured him from behind; right before her eyes, went unheard. Her struggles and fight to be free of the invisible shackles holding her back, were fruitless. 

His screams of pain, the thick blood that spouted out of his mouth; only made her shout louder, fight harder; yearning to be free and be at his side.

"LET HIM GO!" Tears raced down her face as she shouted her lungs out to the unknown figure. The black figure wasn't letting go, in fact, it multiplied. "TSURUGA-SAN!" Her heart yelled for the man that was slowly loosing the battle. "LET HIM GO! OH PLEASE LET HIM GO!" She pleaded with her whole body as she trembled at the scene unfolding in front of her. She was useless, she couldn't do anything to save him and that was what hurt her the most.

"...goodbye Mogami-san..." Were his last words before his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

"REN! REN!" The invisible shackles holding her back broke. Running the short distance to his lifeless body, she cried for the man that was no longer there. Kneeling down and huddling the air, her tears multiplied in speed and volume, her vision was blurred to the point of no recognition. Pain of loosing him was all she saw.

...

"Kyoko-chan! What's wrong?" Shooting her head up, she came face to face with Kuon. He was crouching in front of her; worry decorating his beautiful face and concern pouring out of his green eyes. He wore white from head to toe; his golden hair and exotic eyes made him appear as an angel in her eyes.

The smell of fresh cut grass, the howling of trees as wind blew past, the sun-rays radiating heat to her skin, attacked her senses and made her feel refreshed. The birds happily chirped in the tall trees, while the blue crystal sky was reflected on the calm river flowing by. A sense of magic surrounded this secluded clearing, as the trees hid and sheltered tiny creatures that she was sure were watching from a far.

"Kuon!" Kyoko had jumped the being in front of her, sending them both to the green ground. Hugging his body to hers, she felt the beating of his heart against her own; sufficing the need to feel him and acknowledge that he was there, in front of her, in her arms; she held onto him like it was her last time.

The man below her only chuckled and raffled her hair. The way she clung to him only reminded him of how perfect she fitted in his arms. The only place he wanted her to be.

"Kyoko-chan still crying as always." He commented, his white pears momentarily blinding her. "Do you want to tell me all about it?" He had gently pulled her into his lap and patiently waited for her answer. Slowly tilting her head up to face her fairy prince, she was met with a blank face. His face that only moments ago was decorated with what should have been an illegal smile, was now void of all emotions.

"How... did I get here?" Before her eyes, it was like he was in a trance; a puppet moving at the hands of another. Placing her on the soft green grass, Kuon had stood up and slowly made his way to the placid river.

"Goodbye Kyoko-chan." He smiled her way before descending into the shallow water.

"Wh-what are you doing?" She watched as he grabbed a big rock, placed it on top of his stomach and calmly laid in the transparent blue grave; like he was waiting to succumb to a peaceful slumber. A slumber that he never wanted to wake from.