Chapter 2

¨Aaron what are you doing here ?¨ I ask . I mean how did he find us . Stalking us? He should get outta here .

¨You said you needed me ¨ he answered raising his phone , showing me a text which read ¨I need you¨. Kevin is behind all this . I blush so hard , lost of words

¨Would you let me inside ? It's cold out here ¨ he asks then I let him inside not noticing Kevin who was sitting on the stairs watching us . ¨Daddy!¨ he squeals in delight as Aaron lifts him up causing him to giggle . I roll my eyes like can this nigga leave now ? He's getting on my damn nerves. 

¨Aaron it's late you might want to leave and this is not my house ¨ I confess and he slowly drops my son. yes my son. 

¨This is not your house? You need to get a job and an apartment . Look at you losing so much weight. You gotta take care of yourself, girl and I will take care of my kids . Your small salary won't do anything to them ¨ he says looking away like I didnt hear anything he said . It's insulting but I dont argue with assholes .

¨Get out !¨ i open the door caring less about the cold air  hitting me through my silk gown     .¨But mom -¨ Kevin wails ¨ No Kevin you should go to sleep now¨I bark . ¨okay¨ he trails off with his head down . 

Then i turn to Aaron who sizes me up and down . ¨What are you still doing here?¨ 

He hands his card over to me and says¨ I don't have work tomorrow . Kindly drop the kids over and find a job . You need to take care of yourself and I'm damn serious ¨.He walks away before I could respond 

Next Morning

¨Mummy wake up ¨ Kevin shouts into my ear , jumping on the bed with Riel who falls on my neck with her bum in my face. ¨Y'all did your hygiene?¨ I ask like their old enough. ¨Aunt Rebecca did ¨ Kevin responds . I suddenly remember Aaron then I look at the kids. Yes they gotta go  so I rush into the bathroom , do my hygiene and race downstairs to get breakfast . 

Rebecca

¨Mummy does Daddy miss us ¨ I hear Kevin ask Leah who just ate an apple for breakfast like she's scared to touch any food in this house. ¨I think he'd be crazy not to honey ¨ She responds . I roll my eyes . She wouldn't listen to me . That man doesn't love her anymore . I never liked him because he looks too good for her . I mean Leah is pretty but he's got so many women chasing him and she feels so insecure. I don't blame her for leaving. 

¨Leah we need to talk ¨ I call out from Cyril's room . She doesn't look so good with her collarbone looking so visible . 

¨Listen I got you a job at Cory's flower shop. He says you should start work today and the kids . Well you can leave them with me ¨ I narrate to her .

¨Thank you . I want to rent an apartment too. I dont want to be a burden and besides Shaun is not comfortable with all this ¨ she explains sobbing into my t shirt . ¨ You can stay here Leah . You dont have to work yourself up and you're soaking my t shirt with your tears . Go to work ¨

¨Ummm Aaron wants to keep them today ¨ she confesses and walks away. She loves that stupid man ugh! He took my sister away from me . I dont  like that nigga. 

¨Kevin grab your coat and Riel baby come let me fix your shoe laces ¨ i hear her out downstairs . 

Aaron

Knock Knock!

There's only one person who could be knocking at my door at this time and in this manner . Leah . ¨Careful not to break that door "I yell before opening the door to find my ex-wife with Riel sitting on her hip and Kevin standing in front of them like hey you might want a piece of me before you get my girls.