Chapter 7

"You are a liar." I said to Callie, with my arms crossed over my chest. It was Tuesday night, and Callie and I were in my room "doing homework."   "No, I'm serious, after you called our names, he carried you upstairs." We will still talking about the party from over the weekend, and everything was still mostly foggy. I shook my head in disbelief. "He did sleep in the same bed as me." I added, I still didn't believe that the jerkface had helped me.

"I think he likes you." Callie said, picking at her fingernail polish. I snorted rather unladylike and crossed my legs to make up for it.

"He really does though."

"No, he really doesn't"

"Yes he does."

"Callie, he is just a nosy little bastard that has an ego the size of Jupiter." I snapped my mouth shut and Callie just stared at me. I'm not sure if it was because if the fact that I insulted him or swore knowingly.

Callie broke into a giggle, and so did I. Soon enough, we were rolling on the floor, about to pee ourselves. We finally sat up, and sat on my bed.

"Callie, you are spending the night tonight." I said, not wanting to be separated from her yet.

I went downstairs, prepared to beg. "Mom, Callie and I have decided that even though it is a school night she is going to spend the night." My mom nodded, signaling that she was actually ok with it.

I pivoted on my heel and ran up the stairs, my body bursting with happiness. Callie and I gossiped until 9:30, which was when I decided I wanted to sleep. We layed down in bed and drifted off to sleep.

I felt the bed get lighter, and footsteps on my hard wood floor. I looked up at the alarm clock: 3:17.  I got up and looked at Callie who had a worried look on her face, as she listened to my parents bicker.

"How long has this been happening?" She whispered.

"It doesn't matter." I said, grabbing her arm furiously. I took her into my room and we climbed out my window and into my back yard. We sat on the ground, in the dew covered grass. I didn't know why I was so furious. I guess I needed to escape. I tore grass out of the ground furiously, and Callie did the same.

"I'm sorry I never told you." I whispered.

"I'm sorry I never asked." Callie said, and we exchanged a hug.

After that, we were put in a comfortable silence. We finally went back up to my room, and we immediately fell asleep.

~~~Christopher~~~

It was Monday. The only thing that made Monday better was seeing Zuri in math. I liked Zuri. (Zuri was one of the people who showed me around on the first day.) Definetly not like that though. I was heading to my last class of the day and I saw Maddison's long red hair come into view. I sagged my shoulders a little and my face was set into a goofy grin. Damn, I was falling hard.

No, you are not falling for her

How do you know?

Because I'm your conscious dummy.

Fuck you conscious.

I was snapped out of my argument with my conscious when Max put his hand on my shoulder. "Every one saw you taking Maddison Howell up stairs to a bedroom on Friday night. How was that?" Max said, wiggling her eyebrows. I pushed his hand off my shoulder and elbowed him in the ribs. "It's not like that man, I don't like her and she doesn't like me." I stated flatly. He nodded his head in understanding, but he didn't look convinced. He walked away smiling like a little bastard, but maybe even I wasn't convinced.

Hey guys!

Sorry about the short and bad update!

Is the story going too fast?

I have a lot planned.

Comment what you think!

-Emma