Chaper 3: Let's play...

Melanie's POV:

I don't know what I was expecting when I walked into Logan's house, but it definitely wasn't what I saw. Old fashioned furniture in the living room, blue carpeting covering the floor and the light scent of vanilla in the air. It seemed so...normal. Nothing mysterious at all.

"Surprised that there aren't any coffins lying around?" He asked, pulling out a chair at the kitchen counter. "Don't be, I wouldn't invite you in without putting them away, now would I? Sit."

I laughed nervoursly as I took the seat he offered. I knew he was kidding but I suddenly couldn't shake the image of Logan as a vampire from my head. He sat down opposite me and just, stared.

"So you want to know my secret? I guess I could tell you, but what are you going to do for me?" He asked.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Guess." He said.

"Walk your dog?" I asked.

"No."

"Wash your car?"

"Would I walk home if I had a car?"

"Do your laundry?"

"Tempting, but no."

I was exasperated now. "Then what do you want?"

He smiled and leaned forward slowly until there was barely an inch between us. I felt my heart stop. He was too close for comfort. "I want you... to play with me." 

I felt the oxygen leave my lungs and stayed absolutely still, too shocked for words until Logan burst out laughing. He cluched his sides and almost fell out of his chair.

" Oh...wow." He said gasping for air. "You should've...You should've seen your face. You were just too cute. Man. Girls are so easy. The mystery, vampires and the hint of danger in the air. You watch the vampire diaries, don't you? And i'll bet you loooove Damon."

At this point I was blushing so hard, I was practically a tomato. Just cut me up and toss me in a salad, I was ready. How did he know I watched TVD? And did I really react in such an obvious way?

I tried to save face by denying it. "No I don't. You were just too close, that's all." 

He rolled his eyes at that. "Oh please. You're telling me that it never once crossed your mind that my big secret was that I was a vampire? Come on, I could see it in your eyes."

"It didn't." I said. He laughed. "Stop laughing!"

"Okay, okay." He said, calming down. "But I meant what I said. You're an interesting person. Play with me for a month and I'll tell you my secret."

I hesitated before asking my question because I knew it could potentially come back and bite me in the ass. "What do you mean, 'play'?" I asked.

"Your mind is still in the gutter Melanie?" He teased, making me regret my question instantly. "Don't worry, when I say play, I mean something entirely different. Just meet me in the janitor's closet tomorrow during free period and you'll see."

"What if we don't have the same free period?" I asked.

"Don't worry, we do. It's 5:30 now, you need to leave." He said leading me to the door. "See you tomorrow."

"I didn't agree to meet you yet." I protested as I stood outside.

He smirked before shutting the door. "Yes you did."

-

-

-

I have abondoned all rationality. That's what I was thinking as I stood in the janitor's closet. I was waiting for a strange guy that I wasn't even sure was coming. This could be a stupid prank and I'd end up waiting all period. I tried to analyze why I was even here in the first place. Sure I was curious, but was Logan that fascinating? It didn't matter; I couldn't leave now even if i wanted to. Staying in here let me escape the fake world of the populars for a while.