~Chapter 1~

Like any other day I woke up to my brother James, screaming at me to wake up and make the pack breakfast. Usually he will slap me in order to wake me up, but this morning was different. I was thankful for that too.
   Let me introduce myself, my name is Bailey Harrison and I am a Sophomore at Dayton High School. So that would make me 15 years old, but my birthday is tomorrow, which means I will be finding my mate. I am not ugly but I am not pretty either, I have dark brown hair and blue eyes. I wouldn't consider my self fat or skinny, but I would like to lose a couple pounds. I wear black glasses with thick frames and I have braces.
   Anyway, I got out of bed and got in the shower. After my shower I put on a pair of adidas sweatpants and a big sweatshirt. I put my hair up in a pony tail and put my glasses on. I looked at myself in the mirror and decided I looked fine.
   I went downstairs and started making chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and eggs. I have over 100 mouths to feed in my pack, the White Crescent Moon Pack. But was I ever appreciated for cooking their meals or cleaning the house? Noo of course not.  But why should I be, I was the reason that the packs original Beta was dead....my parents. They never even let me explain what happened, they assumed that it was my fault. Ever since, I was treated like a slave.
   After breakfast was ready I sat in my corner and waited for everyone to come and eat. I wasn't allowed to eat until everyone was done because I was such a "disgrace". I sat there silently until everyone left the kitchen till I ate my breakfast.
After cleaning up I went upstairs to get my backpack and my phone, which I only have one contact. My best friend and only friend Ashley Shaire.
I am forced to walk to school because my brother wouldn't want to be seen with me. I am used to it though because I have been treated this way since I was 8 years old.
Once I reached my locker I saw Ashley standing there waiting for me. I smiled and gave her a hug. You could say we are the social outcasts at our school, which is an all werewolf school.
"So are you excited for your birthday tomorrow?" Ashley asked.
"I mean I guess, hopefully I find my mate before I shift because I don't want to be alone when I have to go through all that pain," I replied.
"I am sure you will have a great mate that will love you no matter what," she smiled as she said that.
"I suppose you're right, I can only wish now that my mate is great," I said.
"Oh well look who it is loser 1 and loser 2. Shouldn't you be in class already since you are nerds and no one wants to see you?" cue the laughter from her and her friends. This ladies and gentlemen is the one and the only Gabriella Austin. She is the most popular girl in school and she is a total bitch. She is the typical blonde bimbo with the blonde hair, fake boobs, clown face, and the head cheerleader.
Ashley and I just turned around and ignored her going to our homeroom. Once we got there we went to our seats and began to talk.
"I don't understand why she has to pick on us it's not like we can be any harm to her," said Ashley.
"You forgot that she only cares about herself and she just wants to make us feel low of ourselves," I replied.
Before Ashley could answer, the bell rang and entered all the other students and the teacher. He did roll call then it was time for first period. Ashley and I departed our separate ways, she goes to English while I go to math.
Let me sum it up to you MATH stands for Mental Abuse To Humans. I might be a nerd but that doesn't mean I have to like every subject.
By the time lunch came around I was so done with the day. I was pushed  in the hallways and called names like bitch, slut, murderer, and orphan. After getting my lunch from my locker I met Ashley at our lunch table.
   "Hey how was your first half of school? Cause mine sucked ass I can tell you that right now," I asked Ashley.
    "It was ok, same old same old, nothing interesting to talk about," she replied.
     We just ate lunch in silence after that. For some reason we weren't in the mood to talk about anything. Usually we would be talking non-stop.
~

         Luckily I have gym last period with Ashley so I don't have to look like a fool. You see I am not the athletic type at all. Unlike Ashley who can do anything when it comes to physical activity. We changed and went out to the gym.
      "Alright class we will be playing basketball today," said the gym teacher.  I think that the teacher doesn't like me because she always has us play something that I have no hand eye coordination for.
      Of course I got picked last and I was on the infamous Axel Davidson's team. I decided I am just going to stand off to the side so I don't get in anyone's way. But of course that doesn't workout, someone thought it would be funny to throw the ball right at my face, and let me tell you it hurt like a bitch.
"Hey maybe you should have a basketball as a head instead of your face, because it definitely looks better then your actual face!" one of the students said. And everyone started laughing except Ashley, she just gave me a sympathetic look.
The bell finally rung and I didn't even bother getting changed because I wanted to get home as soon as possible. I ran home and into my room and cried for hours. Luckily my brother didn't bother me to do anything that night cause I wasn't in the mood. Before falling into a peaceful sleep I thought that hopefully I will find my mate tomorrow and he will be as perfect as I dreamed a mate could be.