Letters To Romeo(COMING DECEMBER 2013)

May 16th, 2008

Today was the day I saw my daddy break for the first time.

The man who stood at the head of the table and who led the dinner prayer, broke from his hard protecting shell.

He became a mere man that was beyond normal mentality.

I had to watch my 7 year old sister Sophie all day until daddy came home at 5.

He stormed through the front door and slammed his suitcase down. He had a bad day. "Daddy what's wrong?" I ased, sitting up from the love seat. His infruiated eyes died down to a compassionate expression, but it seemed as though he was forcing a smile, "Nothing Izzy." He said and I frowned but chose to pay no mind.

The phone rang and daddy practically botled for it and answered it slowly. "Hello?" He said into the reciever. The indistiguished murmer from the other side of the phone, struck tears in his eyes. Daddy dropped the phone and caught my gaze, "Izzy, grab your sister." He instructed.

I knew something was wrong because daddy never cries.

Once the Volvo came to a complete stop, I noticed where we were and my heart plummeted.

I hated the smell of hospitals because they smelt of fake plastic and high anxiety.

We arrived at Room 202. Momma's.

She laid there and had way too many machines that no human should need to breathe.

"Momma what's wrong?" I asked her and she smiled brittley. Sophie struggled to stand up over the bed to see her, so I lifted her up.

Beep, Beep, Beep

Went the heart monitor. "What's that noise? Is that you momma?" Sophie asked smiling at Momma. "Momma, I thought you said you'd be out for my birthday? What's going on?" I asked, trying to fight the tears that escaped from my eyes.

"Baby I'm....I'm going to see Jesus." She replied her big brown eyes had tears slipping from them. Oh no. Not momma. My heart clenched and I looked down at my fingers. I couldnt speak. "Cool! I cant wait to go home and pack my bags! When are we leaving to see him!" Sophie said excited.

Oh but she was so silly- so simple minded. She didnt understand. Didnt know what I knew. "No sweetie. I'm going to Heaven." Momma says, brushing Sophies hair back. Sophie frowned for a moment as she processed the sad reality.

"Momma you can't leave us." Sophie said through distraught tears.

Beep....beep....beep.

It was slowing down. But I couldn't say anything. My heart was breaking, I could feel the pieces drop to the floor with a bang.

"I love you both so much." Momma whispers.

"I love you too but Momma. What's going on?" Sophie whispers.

Why can't I say anything? "I'm flying baby. I'm flying." Momma says and suddenly the beeping stops. Momma was gone. And I never said goodbye. Or even I love you.

I thought Mommas death would have been the start of my emotional rollarcoaster, but little did I know....

It would start when I met you Dear Kindred.

You brought me the love I could never give myself.

You gave me love that amounted to Mommas.

You gave me life

~*~*~*~

These are diary entries , so this is a short story.

Enjoy for now.