You'll Never Find It

Opal's POV

"Didn't tell you what?" I asked.

"What Oliver really did to you?" He said. His eyes watered.

"I didn't want your pity." I told him. I broke down from the emotional trauma of just thinking about it. He embraced me tightly.

"That fucking bastard. That fucking rat bastard." Kit muttered as he held me close.

"Is that what happened? The bruises?" I asked. He nodded and kissed the top of my head.

"He's got it worse." He wiped my tears and I huffed a tiny laugh.

"I'm sure he does." I said.

"They admitted him here." He said.

"Serves him right." I stutter.

"I'll always be right here, if comes anywhere near you I'll kill him." He said.

"Can I help?" I laughed. He nodded.

"I taped his confessions, I just gotta get out of here to give it to the cops. And your off the hook." I told him.

"For real!? Where's the tape?" He asked.

"Under the tub for hydrotherapy." I told him. He smiled.

"We have to get you out of here, like tomorrow." He said. I nodded and looked around. There was a blonde with scraggly hair sitting with her back turned to us.

"Newbie?" I asked.

"She's been here longer than any of us." He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"It's Sister Jude." He said.

"Oh, oh my." I said. I was about to say more, but Threadson walked in. Way more banged up then Kit. I smiled in satisfaction. He took a seat on the couch, next to Lana. She got up and walked to us.

"When did he get admitted?" She asked.

"When Kit beat the hell out of him." I said.

"Oh." She sad he walked to us and Kit stared him down.

"Hey girls, and boy." He said. "Look I'll leave you alone if you'd just tell me where the tape is." He said.

"You didn't really think you could just ask us and we'd tell you?" I asked.

"I was trying to be polite." He said

"Right." Lana sarcastically remarked.

"You'll never find it Threadson, you can tear this asylum down brick by brick, and you'll still never find it." I said.

"Ok I'll ask later." He said and walked away.