Dear Diary (Fairy Tail)

*Title: Dear Diary 
Genre: Angst, Romance, Hurt/Comfort 
Word Count: 3925 
Summary: Dear Diary, how typical to say that.. But this is the first time I'll be writing this down. I just needed to let out these feelings. So today, on the 15th of April, I...

A/N: Uhm.. Hello guyz! I really love this couple! They're so cute together! Kawaii~!!! <3 So here's a short story.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail and neither do I own the diary. Why Hiro?? Y u no give them more moments!

*******

Dear Diary,

How typical to say that.. But this is the first time I'll be writing 'this' down. I just needed to let out these feelings. It's been nagging me each day, filling my mind with endless thoughts. So today, on the 15th of April, I start the journey, of what my thoughts say and what happens around me.

Gajeel Redfox...

That one name is the root of this all. That name says a thousand words.. no, even more than that! That very name where all my thoughts and feelings have been revolving on lately, the one that fills my heart with hopes and doubts, that causes a twisting and churning feeling inside me, that opened my eyes to things unknown to me, that makes me, well, me. Gajeel... Is HIS name.

He's a tough, strong, rough mage in our guild. Sure, he almost killed my teammates and I once but that was in the past, way before he came to Fairy Tail. I've already forgotten about that. Now, he's a good friend to us all. In fact, he already saved me several times. I can't help but feel so indebted to him for saving my life.. but the way I see it in his point of view, it still wasn't enough to atone for his crimes. I don't understand why he still allows himself to be brought down by that memory. I want to tell him to forget about it but.. it seems like a sensitive matter to open up. Besides, he always changes the subject whenever I tried. If only he can see that everybody has forgotten about it already...

I don't know why but.. I seem to be developing.. a certain attachment to him. He always enters my mind, making my thoughts wander deeply into places in my head that I might not even be able to take it all in. He makes my eyes wander about the guild, searching if he is around or have returned from a mission with Pantherlily, his exceed. And whenever he is around, I just couldn't help but steal a few glances at him, even when I'm in the middle of a good book. His eyes seem to pierce my soul whenever he looks at me. Those dark red orbs of his eyes are so deep, so dense that sometimes, I don't know what goes through behind those hard gazes. He makes me feel big, feel strong, stronger beyond what I've imagined I'll ever be. And when I am around him― much more if I am interacting with him in any way― an uncontrollable heat creeps up to my cheeks, tinting it with from a light pink to a bright red.

Yet, at the same time, as he fills me with hope within, he also fills me with doubt. He's always in my mind but do I ever cross his? Does he look for me? Does he wait for me to return when I'm gone? Does he notice me? Does he really see me or do I just reflect off those eyes? And this irritating habit of his in calling me 'shrimp' and 'shorty' sometimes just makes me feel... small.. and weak. Well, I am after all. He just doesn't have to keep reminding me each and every day he calls me that.

...

Wait, what in the world am I saying? I don't think I want to write about this anymore. I feel silly.

/\/\/\/\/\/

16, April

Okay, I know I said yesterday that I wouldn't write about him anymore but I couldn't help it. Whenever I see this notebook on my desk, my hands itches to go and grab a pen and start scribbling down. Well, since I started this, better finish it then. Besides, these 'feelings' are too strong to bear..