Chapter 1 - Seed pt. 1

"Dean, look out!"  Sam Winchester yelled at his older brother, as Dean drove along the middle of the road.

In the midst of the apocalypse, the infamous hunters Sam and Dean Winchester have kept going in their quest to hunt down the supernatural. The boys were on what they thought was a vampire hunt in Atlanta, Georgia a little over a year ago. When they went to investigate, it wasn't in fact a vampire, but something that seemed to walk straight out of a horror film - a zombie.

The world went to chaos. And unknown virus spread across the country. The power went out and there was now an even greater danger in the world than just demons and ghosts.

So now, here they are in the middle of the road in their '67 Impala covered in dirt and sweat, not having taken a shower in god knows how long, trying to find a new place to settle. The last camp that they were in was overrun with the infected, and none but our boys survived the attack.

Their feathery friend, Castiel, came down to Earth only when needed, spending most of his time in heaven with the other Angels, trying to come up with some kind of solution to fix the world.

Dean saw another group of cars driving up the middle of the road and swerved to avoid them. A group of people.

Survivors.

Or at least that's what they hoped. Even if humans had become an endangered species, demons had not, and the boys could never be too careful when it comes to large groups like this.

A dark haired man at the front of the group got out of his car raising his gun.

A man on a motorcycle, a black man, and an Asian man all did the same.

"Get out of your car, and leave your weapons there," the dark haired man yelled.

The boys got out of the car Dean whispering "Christo."

Sam shook his head, indicating that this group were in fact human, not demon.

Dean raised his hands in surrender, nudging for Sam to do the same.

"We mean no harm," Dean said, not breaking eye contact with the leader, "I'm Dean and this is my little brother Sam. We are in search of a new camp site, the last one we were in was overrun."

"Why are there no other survivors?" the man asked.

"We were in a camp of about ten, including our uncle, when it was overrun with a swarm of about 30 of...them. No one survived," Dean said, Sam looking down. For him, the loss of their uncle Bobby and a few of their friends was very saddening for him.

The dark haired man looked from Dean to Sam who was standing directly behind him staring at the ground, deciding whether or not to trust them. Sam looked up for a moment, only to find a young blonde staring at him from the front seat of one of the cars in awe. He cracked a smile at her, signalling that he caught her staring, and she looked away blushing.

The dark haired man lowered his pistol, signalling the others in his group to as well.

"I'm Rick, Rick Grimes. That's my wife, Lori and our son, Carl," he said, walking up to the boys to shake their hands, pointing towards his pregnant wife and young son in the truck behind him.