[ 01 ] Setting Dates

[ TIP # 1: SETTING DATES ]

April 1st will make my first year anniversary here on Wattpad. In those twelve months, I've unpublished more books than I've completed.

The main reason for that is because I've done the terrible mistake adding too much on my plate.
( I will talk about this more in depth on the next chapter)

A way to avoid cramming multiple works is to set dates! Set a date for when you want to complete a book/series.

Now, setting a date doesn't mean you'll finish it on that specific date, but it definitely helps keep you on track.

Don't think about it as a chore, but a a goal you are working towards to.

***

Setting a date isn't only helpful to keep you on track, but it can also help you keep your sanity.

Say you have 2 stories you're already working on but are itching to release another one because you've thought of an amazing plot, set a release date! 

Tease the fuck out of it and write a prologue that'll pull readers in and keep them waiting till the release date. As a rule, try to keep your release dates to a 3 week minimum at the most, because most people here don't have the patience to wait that long.

   When you set a date, you allow yourself time to draft chapters so that when the day comes, you don't find yourself dying over having to update for multiple books

   ***

Unfortunately, a lot of the times when author's make books and label them under [Coming Soon], their ideas get stolen.

It's happened to me and a few of my friends, so my best advice would be to set a date and announce it, but don't release the title of the book. Instead, just let your audience know what you are going to be writing about next.

Example:

Message to Followers: I will be writing a Dean Ambrose & Paige Fanfiction. It will be here soon, probably around March 9th. 

Some people might say I'm paranoid, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen others snub other's "coming soon" ideas and use them as their own, automatically publishing them.

Sure, you can always report, but that kind of stuff is disappointing and discouraging to say the least.

***

Well, that was Tip #1, hopefully it helps you in some way.

If there's anything you need advice on, please let me know!