Chapter 2

What I ate from our dinner was quite delicious. Honey lime chicken on-top of the mashed potatoes and corn. I would of loved more, but feeding six grown young adults, that is a challenge. When one of my brothers went to try and get thirds my mom sent him a glare and he qickly put the spoon back.

"So, Elder Williams, how are you enjoying your mission so far?" my mom asked smiling while taking a dainty sip.

"It is nice to see the spirit light up in them. It certainly is a blessing."

"You hear that Eliot. Serving a mission is a blessing. Why do you doubt it?" My mothered enquired putting my brother in the spotlight. He has asburgers so he usually doesn't do well with change.

"I don't want to mom. Quit nagging!" he snapped, stood up and walked away. We could hear him stomping up the stairs and slamming his bedroom door.

"I am so sorry about my son." My mom apologized for his outburst.

"Why are you apologizing to them, when it's Eliot you need to say sorry to." I stated standing up and giving the missionaries an apologetic smile. "Sorry my mom tried to use y'all to get my brother to do what she wants." After i said that i headed upstairs and went to the third door on the right and knocked three times.

"Who is it?" Eliot called through the door with a slight sniffle at the end.

"It's me. Lizzy." I said softly through the door.

After a few seconds i heard my brother unlocking the door, then he opened it a crack and peeked through to make sure it was actually me. Then he finally let me in.

"Lizzy, why is mom so mean to me?"

"I don't know Eli, I don't know." I said as we were sitting on his bed, his head on my shoulder. I comforted him for a few more minutes, tracing random patterns on his back as i looked around his room. It's a small room with beige paint and white trims. His window has a beige curtain and is always closed. He has all of the pictures he has ever drawn hanging on his walls, you can tell how much he has improved over the years, then he has some of the ones i drew scattered among them. I can't help but smile at all those pictures. For him, these all remind him of happy memories, which is why he always surrounds himself with them.

"You ok Eli?" I asked softly has i used one of my hands to move some of his shaggy hair out of his eyes. He gave a small nod then gave me a quick squeeze.

"Love you."

"Love you too Eli." I smiled at him and ruffled his hair.