Chapter 13- memories☀

Unedited

.......Airport.........................

As I stepped out of the Jamaican airport I felt the sweet breeze and the sun thinking on my skin making me smile . Theirs an car rental here so we rented a car. As we left the airport the sea was on two side of the road. I looked thru the window smiling looking at the beautiful blue sea and the ships. All I can remember is leaving .

Flashback

As grams talked all I can think about is how la will be and how many friends I'll make and be popular like the girls in the movies and have a boyfriend Who's gonna take me on dates and prom. "Gabriella ashlee martin " my Aunt shouted cutting me out my thoughts.

" yes grams " I said looking from the window.

" your hear me likkle gyal,  make sure you behave yourself and don't give you aunty any trouble " she said using finger and points in my forhead.

" I won't grams papa grow me better " I said nodding.

We got out the car and I ran off to the check in line. " your bags likkle gyal " grams shouted. I ran back for the bags and she hugged me and kiss my jaw. " love you cindy and don't forget grams " she said crying. " I won't grams and I love you more " I said then left to check in.

Flashback over

I can't wait to-

"Babe you looking like you never been here before " August said cutting me out of my thoughts  and  laughing. " I know right , I just miss here that's all  " I said laughing.

Even tho I haven't been here over five years I still remember where my grams live. When we got to here house I got out the car and I saw my two my cousins shay - ann and keisha sitting by the front. " who you be " keisha said walking up to me. " gabrilla is that you " shay - Ann screamed running to come hug me. "Yeah shay " I laughed hugging her back. Kerry then screamed and hugged me too. August then clear his throat.

" Oh guyz this is my boyfriend august, and august this is my cousins kerry and shay-Ann" i said.

"Hii " august said smiling and they just hugged him and said we should come inside.

As I walked in all the memories come flashing back , Nothing has change. There is still the drawing of me and my parents on the wall I drew when I was 8 and I visited grams with my parents, there was still the scare on the stairs I made when my grams shouted at me for the drawing. I tear fell from my eye's as I looked around and there she was my beautiful indian grandmother with her hair flowing. " cindy " she said walking up to me and hugged me. " grams " I said kissing her jaw.

" what happened to your beautiful hair cindy " she asked rubbing my short silver hair

" itz style grams " I said laughing

" you ole woman,  why you grey you hair " she said pinching my arms. That's her way of punishing us.  " ahh grams " I frowned. August and my cousins was dying of laughter. I looked at them and rolled my eye's .

................................................................
There will be Jamaican accent below just so you can get a sense of how my grams talks. You'll learn anyway 😘
.................................................................

" come dinna ready " grams said walking to the kitchen.

There's a river round by the back of the yard so August and I went by there to eat. " this is beautiful babe " august said looking at the river. " I know , I used to come here and swim with my best friend travis and this is where we first kissed" I said looking at the river and smiling.