Chapter 21: Pessimist

"Look kid you gotta understand now that I know that you don't want to cause harm to anyone I won't hurt you..." I said.
"Hm... Like the first time you wanted to kill me?" She said as she sobbed into her pillow. I felt terrible for making her cry.
"Kid please... You have got to trust me..."
"HOW CAN I TRUST THE GUY THAT ALMOST KILLED ME TWICE? HUH? DO YOU THINK IT IS THAT EASY TO DO?!"
"No! I'm not saying that... It's just...*sigh* I don't even know anymore..."
"I don't belong here... I don't even belong above ground..." She said as she looked up crying hysterically.
"Y/n, don't say that..." I said trying to make her realize that she is loved.
"But it's true! I'm a human with magic! It's like something you'd read in a book!"
(Sorry broke the fourth wall there)
*sigh*"y'know this is my fault..." I said. "In the one who gave you these powers and I'm the one who is ruining your emotions..." There were now tears streaking down my face, I didn't even try to stop them either. Soon I was balling into my hoodie. Undyne and Alphys just stood by the door awkwardly.
"Hey sorry to interrupt, but we're gonna go get some coffee" Udyne said. Y/n looked at them and nodded. She then looked and me and started balling again.
"This is all because of one stupid hiking trip!" She screamed throwing a pillow at the wall in rage. "This isn't your fault... It's my sisters... She was the one who made me mad enough to go on a hike to the top of Mt. Ebott with my best friend, oh poor b/n,! They must be worried sick... Or they are rejoicing for not having to deal with my pathetic excuse for a life" She was obviously pretty deep in her thoughts.
"Let's just say it's everyone's fault" I said finally not wanting her to take all the blame.
"Okay" she says sniffling.
"Hey, ya need a tissue?"
"Yes please" she said while making a grabbing motion towards the box. I chuckled as I got up to get her one. She wiped away her tears and smirked as she threw the tissue at me. I yelped in surprise and joined in her laughter. I love her laugh.
"Hey Sans, I'm sorry for being so mean and unwilling to forgive you... I was just scared... And I'm also sorry for being such a pessimist"
"Forgetaboutit, kid it's fine, I understand"
"Really?" She said in a sarcastic tone.
"Am I sensing sarcasm?"
"Maybe..." She says giggling like a little school girl. I chuckled along with her.
"Well, ya I do understand you, I can be a pessimist sometimes too"
"Really I can't see it... With your face stuck in that smile... It just doesn't seem possible"
"Hey don't judge me!" I said folding my arms and pouting like a 2 years old. She giggled, and once again I joined her.
"Hey y/n?"
"Hm?"
"If you could be a monster what would you look like?" I asked curiously. She looked baffled.
"Hm... I would want a human face, torso and arms... With claws, black wings, a animal tail and ears, and lions legs"
"Wow, very specific, have you thought of this before?"
"No, just come up with it the top of my head"
"Wow, although I would prefer you a skeleton" I said smirking. She blushed and laughed then she fell face forward on the bed on purpose though. She continued laughing until she lifted up her head slowly, and then I started laughing. We had a laughing fit for a good 5 min and we finally settled down. I sat down on the chair next to her bed and she frowned. I noticed what she was frowning about and smirked, taking hold of the arms on the chair and gripping them tight so she couldn't lift me onto the bed. She then fell into her bed and sighed.
"Well, I guess I'll just sit on this bed all a-bone!" She said as we threw another laughing fit, I was now on the floor laughing, she noticed I had let go of the chair and she used her magic to pick me up and put me in the bed next to her.
"There now I'm not so bonely" we both looked at each other and burst out laughing again. We both regained our composure and sat in a comfortable silence looking at the wall.
"Sans?"
"Hm?"
"I know I already asked you this but it seems like forever ago that I did, and you can't teleport or else I will send Undyne on you"
"Ok kid what is it?" I asked nervously.
"D-do you like me?" She said as she blushed she then looked away and pulled the covers over her face not wanting me to see her blush.
"I dunno..."I said in a sarcastic tone as I smirked. She looked at me with a, really-dude-so-that's-how-you're-gonna-play? face. "But seriously though, yeah, I-I do..." I could feel the  blush form on my face.
"Do you like me back?"
"I dunno..." She said mockingly. I gave her the same face she gave me. "Were you not listening before?"
"I was but I want to hear it directly"
"*sigh* finnnnnnne, yes I like you back" I smirked and grabbed her hand. She flinched and tensed up as I made contact, she let out a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, kinda on edge still"
"It's fine kid, don't beat yourself up about it"
"Alrighty"

Hey guys I just typed out this chapter so sorry if it's a little rough, literally this whole chapter was inspired through my Character class and about being a pessimist or an optimist, one of my best friends looked at me from across the room and yeah, I can be a bit dark sometimes but trust me I ain't all sunshine and rainbows either when I'm not being a pessimist, but anywho, I am really tired and yeah, that's all.
                    ~Kat