9-26-1926

9-26-1926

Dear Diary,

Why won’t it stop? Those boys kept teasing me Again today! I told them to stop, but they kept going and said if I was brave enough, I would pick a fight with them and be able to give them a black eye/Stupid, good for nothing boys.

Anyway, one good thing did happen today. A new boy moved into our community and goes to the same schoolhouse as me. He’s a few years than me, but he doesn’t strike me as one of those mean teenager types though, unlike some of the other boys in my schoolhouse. My teacher told him to present himself today, and he said his name was Nicholas. The class quickly found that he was a very quiet boy, like me. He wouldn’t accept an invitation to a party later this week at the local pub, and he didn’t want to join the other boys who were flirting with the prettiest girls in our class. Also, when he presented himself, he claimed that he loved classical music and legends. Scary legends, especially. Ms. Tveiten let him share a scary American legend (he transferred from America and knew a lot of stories from his father). He told us the story of the Yeti monster, how it supposedly lives up in the mountains of Norway, and that it ate anybody who entered its lair. All my classmates were laughing at the legend after Nicholas told it, but the legend and Nicholas scared me a bit. After all, Nicholas kept staring at me with an evil glint in his eyes when he told the legend anyway.

Poem for today:

You get scared of him easily

Easy enough to wander into his cave

Till death will he scare you

I don’t ever want to meet him

(Acrostic poem)

Sebastian Zachariassen