Prologue

It was midday when the sun was at it's highest peak while Kira ran down the dirt forest path as fast as she could, even though pain swelled up her stomach from hunger. She needed a safe place to give birth to her newborn baby. Her husband ,George, was giving her time to run away from the bandits that wanted to kidnap her. Kira hoped George wasn't injured while she ran. The sharp pebbles poked her bare feet and started to bleed. She still sprinted with all her might to the Sabine River ignoring the pain in her feet. Kira plopped her feet in the cool comforting water and waited for her husband. The birds chirped their beautiful songs as she waited.

George had just knocked two bandits out onto the rocky path. "Just one more to go," George muttered under his breath. He started to run after the sneaky bandit that was chasing his wife. "Come back here!" George panted. He spotted a thick Bay Laurel branch in the corner of his eye and snatched it up. George then whacked the third bandit's head and started to sprint. His heart was pounding loudly as he ran with all his strength that he could muster in his legs to his wife. He saw his wife's footprints deeply imprinted in the dirt. George followed them all the way to the Sabine River. He then saw his wife sitting there with her feet dangling in the river. "You came just in time George," said Kira as she saw George approaching her. Then, small high-pitched shrieks came from Kira. "Are you okay Kira?" muttered George. She replied "I think the baby is coming! Ow.Ow.Ow."

A few minutes later, a baby girl with golden-brown hair was born. George made a makeshift nest to put the baby into. " I'll go find some food for you. So just stay still and rest." said George excitedly "You can think of a name for her while I am gone." "Okay" agreed Kira.

George charged through the forest as the sun was setting. He found a raspberry bush and picked as many ripe raspberries as he could hold in his large hands. George ran back carefully to Kira who was nursing her daughter. "Have you thought of a name for her yet Kira?" asked George curiously. "I've decided to name her Kapi." replied Kira."That's a wonderful name for our newborn baby." said George smiling. "Thanks for the raspberries."said Kira. Kira and George wolfed down the bright red raspberries as the sun was settling down the horizon. "I'll find us some firewood for the fire."said George with a mouthful of raspberries. "Okay."replied Kira.

George snatched up every scrap of wood he could find. He then dropped down his pile of wood onto the dirt floor right next to Kira. "Hold on, I am almost done,"panted George."It's okay George, you don't have to rush your way around like that."replied Kira. George banged his flint and steel together and bright yellow orange sparks flew out of the steel and into the pile of wood. A flame instantly began burning the firewood and Kira and George both enjoyed the heat of the fire. "Let's go back to our house in the morning,"said George sleepily.