Chapter 3

You know how I asked what could possibly happen? Well, question asked and answered.

I find my seat on the bus, next to Zac of course. Before I could say hello Zac began to speak.

"Harrison wants you to meet him at the year seven area." And that was that.

He didn't speak for the rest of the trip. As the bus pulled up out the front of my school, I sat in a days. Why does he want me to meet him. We just had an argument. What could he possibly want to say?

I sat in the year 7 area, alone, waiting for him. I heard footsteps come up behind me, and the heat of another soul sat next to me. Here we were. Just sitting there.

He spoke, "Danielle?"

I flicked back my golden blonde hair that covered my eyes. "Yes?"

"We need to talk," he sounded serious. I waited for him to keep talking.
"Look Danielle it's only week 6 but you really need to know something. And that something is..." He paused for a little with a big breath coming after " Danielle, I really like you."

I had a moment where my heart skipped a beat. I turned my head down, blushing. I wasn't the only one. He looked embarrassed. He rose to his feet.

"You know what, this was a stupid idea," he hesitated a little, he began to walk away leaving me behind.

"Wait!" I shouted not thinking of the words that were to come next. "I. I like you too."

I stood up and made my way up next to him, by his shoulder. He turned his head and looked into my eyes.

"Really? But I'm way out of your league. Your one of the popular girls that I thought would never like someone like me."

I was in a state of shock. What did he mean by I was out of his league. I was the one in my group that didn't fit in.

"Harrison, I hardly fit in with my group." I explained.

We had a moment of silence, before we got closer, and closer, and closer. He leant in. What was he thinking! I backed away quickly. He looked confused. To save the awkwardness the bell rang. Thank god that I had a different class to him for first period.

I sat in the corner of my classroom. Thinking about what happened earlier this morning. A kiss? Already? Just being asked out would have been fine honestly. Till lunch time I hadn't spoken to anyone. Still thinking about Harrison.

"Danielle? Danielle?" An unclear voice came from behind."Danielle? What's up between you and Harrison? What did you guys talk about this morning? Your friends are really worried. You haven't spoken to them all day."

"I'm fine" I said quietly.

"No your not." He knew something was wrong.

*ring ring ring*

"Well I'll see you on the bus. You've got to tell me everything."

5th period went as fast as ever. I stayed as far away from Harrison as I could and he stayed as far away from me. The bus was the exact same story. He sat at the back and I sat at the front. We both also stayed away from Zac. What was today about? Why did he have to make my life more awkward than it already was?