Prologue

Serveral years ago

   I ran swiftly through the dark and echoing tunnels of Fort Clinch. Looking back, I saw my parents smiling and laughing.

"Mom, try and catch me!" My mom at the time was in her late twenties so she was still able to keep up with a nine year old.

  "You better start running, Amy-bear,  I'm going to catch you." My mom started running after me while laughing.

  I ran as fast as my short little legs could take me. Several turns later I almost ran into a wall. I looked around for an escape when I saw my mom and dad at the other end smiling and laughing.

   "We found you, Amy-bear. So come here." I saw a small gap in the wall and squeezed through.

   My dad called out after me, "Amanda, please be careful. We can't come through."

   I frowned, "I'm gonna see what's at the top by myself." I ran up the steep stairs I had come to. I tripped on the last step and stumbled forward.

   I fell on the ground and scraped my knees. I stood up slowly and groaned in pain.

   I look at the ocean and climb on the wall to get a better look. I smile and listen to the waves.

  Then I heard a scream. I climb down from the ledge and climb down the stairs. My mom was screaming and crying. I peek through a crack in the wall and see my dad lying on the ground.

   I creep out of the hole and look up at my mom, "M-Mom?"

  I hear a grunt and my mom grabs my arm and shoves me back into the gap in the wall.

  I hit my head on the wall and fell to the ground. I held my hand to my head and crawled up the stairs and laid down.

  I began screaming. I couldn't even cry. Only screams left my body. Nothing could stop the stabbing pain I felt. My heart was breaking into millions of pieces.

As of right now. Everything was gone and I couldn't do anything.