Chapter 5

7 months later-March (James is 11...I think you know what's coming)
<James' POV>

  Dad! Mom! I'm 11 today! Do you think I'll get my letter?
  "James, your letter doesn't come until around September 1, when term starts." Mom said
  "And besides, if your letter did come today, we would privately talk to the muggle post man and make him give us the letter personally so you wouldn't know and we could throw you a par-"
  "SHHHHHH!" Mum cut dad off suspiciously.  "You don't want to spoil it for him," mum whispered under her breath, obviously trying to make it so I couldn't hear. At this thought, I quickly rolled my eyes without them seeing.
  "Why are parents so lame!" I think in my head "Well I'm just gonna look anyway," I said trying to break the tension
"Ok, but you aren't going to find anything," mum replied
As I walk outside to the mailbox (yes mailbox, no more mail slots) I can see kids playing outside, gleeful because of the wonderful weather, birds chirping on the power lines, bathing themselves in the summer's sun, and not a cloud in sight.
"It couldn't be a more perf-"I said but got cut off by an abrupt BOOM!
"Mum, dad!" I screamed as I ran inside, full of fright. "Did you hear that? That boom?!"
"No, what boom?" My dad questioned
"I don't know I was just walking to the mailbox and a boom went of and I think I saw someone, but I'm not sure," I replied, almost out of breath, making it hard to tell them what had happened
"I'll go check," dad said bravely
"Well he sure is a Gryffindor," I thought in my head
As he walked over to the window, mum and I took a seat on the cream color, leather couch that we had inherited from my dad's parents in their ruin of a house and which is now our house. As dad appears at the window, a mixture of emotions took over his face, a look of curiosity and then happiness and then of humor crossed his face.
  "Well what do we have here?" Dad said, a smile spreading across his face and it wasn't a question that he asked, but merely a joke. A few seconds later, a ding-dong was heard and I rush over to see who it is but Lily beats me to it, for she had already gotten to the door and greeted the guests in.
  "Why hello there, Lily, thank you," said an all-too-familiar voice. It was Uncle Ron and soon-to-be Aunt Hermione. Hermione and Ron got engaged just last month and were going to wed on the 3rd of May.
  "Hi Uncle Ron!" Lily exclaimed excitedly as he stepped into the house and wiped his feet on our welcome mat.
  "Hello mate," Uncle Ron replied to a now joyful Lily who was still holding the door for Hermione who was now entering the house with, well I really couldn't tell what it was...something orange with black stripes and, oddly enough, it was moving on its own 4 legs, Hermione was not carrying it but, seeing its size, I don't think she could carry it if she wanted to.
  "Hello, Hermione," Lily and I both said in unison
  "Hello, Lily, James," Hermione greeted as she tied the 'thing' up one of the white pillars that are attached to the porch of the house. A thousand questions were racing around my head, making it seem like I was spinning around like a top, making me dizzy. I decided that I would have to voice one of them to decrease the dizziness a tad.
  "So...why did it make such a big pop when you guys apparated here?" I questioned, looking back and forth between Ron and Hermione
"Well because apparating with a creature that isn't supposed to be apparated is a bit of a struggle you know," Hermione replied and as she did, I let out a sigh of relief, thankful in my head that she didn't get too scientific with her answer.
"Oh, but why did you even come here with that, that...thing?" I questioned, eager to get them all out of my head
"Oh, that? It's your birthday present of course!" Uncle Ron replied
"What is it?" I asked
"It's a, oh what was it? Hold on, it was a zepra or something. Some muggle animal." Ron tried but failed to think of what the name of it was but luckily, Hermione picked it up where it was left off and said,"Oh, Ronald, don't you pay attention when I tell you anything? It's a Zebra, James," Hermione scolded her Soon-to-be husband. At Hermione's words, Uncle Ron blushed until his face was as red as his flaming red hair and dad and mum just smirked.
"From what the Dursleys told me, Zebras were black and white, not orange and black," Dad said thoughtfully to Hermione who had an irritated look on her face
"Oh for Merlins sake, you two!" Hermione cried exasperatedly "We made the white turn into orange as a bit of a treat, you know, for fun. I tried to make it red and yellow, you know, for Gryffindor, seeing as he's going to get his letter this year and is bound to get Gryffindor." Hermione replied, and this time, it was a scientific answer, no detail left out.
  "Ohhh," me, dad, and Ron all said at the same time, finally understanding and all the wandering questions that are zooming in and out of my head finally answered with Hermione's answer. Mum just looked over to Hermione, rolled her eyes in humor, and smiled
  "Hermione must have told mum," I thought in my head "So obvious," I added, doubting how I didn't figure that out by now.

Ohhh, a cliff! Mwahaha! Im so evil!😈 Not really, though. It's not really a cliff but oh well
This is my longest chapter so far! Yay😄
Anyway, I'm excited about doing the letter chapter It's going to be fun and exciting so keep reading, it will probably be in the next chapter or the one after that
Be sure to enter the contest! You can enter more than one cover. Details in the last chapter
Keep commenting and suggesting
I'm going for 100+ views so if you have friends that you think will like this, recommend it
Vote if you like it so far😄

Amanda😝