Chapter 17

"Nash Hayes Bella Skylynn time to wake up! The horses and cows need food and water" My mom said from downstairs. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth then walked downstairs.
"Morning Sweetie. Memaw needs you to help her with the horses. She said that lessons are starting up this evening and would like you to teach a couple." She said handing me a plate with food on it.
"Yeah I can do that." Nash and Hayes walked downstairs.
"You too have cows today. Memaw said that there's a list of things to do in the cow barn and just check it off as you go." She said handing them their plates.
I finished eating and went upstairs and got dressed. I put on an old ford tshirt and some shorts. I grabbed a pair of boots and walked to the garage. I got in my truck and drove down the road to Memaws. I drove up to the horse barn and got out. I walked in and fed them. I walked them out to their outside stalls and let them run.
"Hi are you Mrs.Griers granddaughter?" A boy around Will's age asked
"Yea. I'm Bella. Who are you?"
"I've been working here for a while now. I'm Chris."
"Okay nice to meet you." I got back to mucking the stalls. I checked my phone to see what time it was 10:30. Classes start at 3 so I have 4 hours to get everything done. I drove up to the cow barn. Nash and Hayes were feeding the cows when I walked in.
"What are ya'll doing?"
"Making a vine of feeding cows." Nash said
"Wow what has that app done to you." I said laughing. "Well I done with the horses until later so I'm going back to the house to do school."
"Okay well be back in a couple minutes." Hayes said.
I walked to my truck and hopped in. I drove back to the house and parked my truck.
"Hey mama." I said
"Hey everything good with he horses?"
"Yea."
"Good! Your school assignments are on the counter I'm heading over to the big Barn to help Memaw with the scheduling. You need to be there around 2 so you know what to do."
"Okay bye." I went to the school room and started on school. I had some lunch then drove to the big barn.
"Belle your finally here. Okay Memaws having you teach 11-12 year olds. They're doing western and in arena 2." My mom said.
"Okay where are the horses they're going to use?"
"Ask their parents if they have horses here at the barn or if they need to use one of ours."
"Okay sounds good."
"Also we have a horse that needs training. He's a 2 year old palomino. They want to be able to barrel race him by next show season."
"Okay I'll start on him after lessons today."
"Okay I love you sweetie."
"Love you too" I walked over too the outdoor arena where I was teaching lessons.
"Hi are you the teacher?" A mom asked
"Yea what's your name?"
"Hazel"
"Hi I'm Bella. Do you have a horse here or do you need a horse?"
"We need a horse. We have been thinking of getting one but their so expensive."
"I know what you mean." I walked Hazel to the barn where the horses were.
"This is my horse Ol red."
"He's so pretty!" She said.
"This is going to be your horse. His name is Trigger." A couple more girls showed up.
"Okay ya'll ready to ride?"
They all said yes.
"Okay first were going to start with a warm up do 2 laps of each walk, trot, canter, and gallop then come cack to the middle when ya'll are done." I finished up the lesson and started on working with the Palomino. I did a couple of lunges with him to have him get used to it. Then put him in the stall. I drove up to Memaws house for dinner. Then drove back to the house.
"Bella!!"
"Hey sky. What's up?"
"Momma said that I could do shows with you this spring!!"
"Yay!!" I said I headed up to our room to get into some comfy clothes. I put on some old football sweatpants and a old Marines shirt. I plugged my phone in and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I put my hair in a braid so it would be wavy for tomorrow. Then I hopped into bed.