Untitled Part 1

"Ugh," I sighed, looking at myself in my dorm room mirror. I absolutely despised dresses, so wearing one wasn't the most thrilling things happening in my life. The dress was pretty, I had to say. It was strapless and a pale pink, complementing my skin tone surprisingly well. The bodice had gorgeous embellishments on it and the matching accessories really made the dress really pop.

God, did I really just say that? What's wrong with me?

It's Prom night at Blackwell academy and even though I'd rather be curled up under my covers reading a nice romance novel, I'm here standing in a floor length ball gown getting ready for it.  

I sighed again, looking at myself again in the mirror.

"You look lovely, Max. Stop second guessing yourself." I heard Kate say from behind me. I turned to look at her. She looked absolutely beautiful, way more beautiful than I was. Her dress was a mint green, that went down to the floor. She had her hair down and curled, a choice I had to almost beg her to make.

"Thanks, but I feel like I'm missing something." I replied, turning a little and watching my dress twirl a little bit.

Kate came up and hugged me around the neck from behind. "No, It's perfect, Max. Chloe will think so too."

Chloe. She was the whole reason I was doing this.

Chloe was informed by Justin that prom was coming up, and before I knew it, I was constantly being bugged about it.

"Come on, Max! I didn't get to go to my senior prom and the only way I can go now is if I get invited by a student." I could almost hear her say in my memory.

"You didn't go to your senior prom because you got yourself expelled. Not my problem." I remember responding with. "And besides, you can always get Justin to invite you."

"But Max," She whined. "You're my girlfriend. Prom wouldn't be any fun without you."

"I don't want to go."

"Please? Do it for me?" She pouted, jutting her bottom lip out. Damn, she really knew how to pull  at my heart strings.

I sighed. "Fine, but you have to promise me one thing."

"What does the almighty Maxine want in return?" She smirked.

"You have to wear a dress," I smiled.

Her smiled faded. "Max, you know I hate dresses. I just wanted to go in my  normal clothes and fuck shit up."

"And Chloe, you know I hate school event, but it looks like we're going to have to compromise."

She sighed heavily. "Fine, you win, Max."

I smiled and quickly kissed her cheek.

I came back to reality and looked at myself once more in the mirror. "Yeah, Kate. I guess you're right." I turned and looked at her. "You look amazing too, Kate. That color looks gorgeous on you."

She put her head down, but I could still see the blood rush to her cheeks. "Thanks, Max." She looked back up to me, "Shouldn't you be going? Warren will leave without you if you don't hurry."

"Warren? Shit." I whispered, remembering that Warren offered to give me a ride to Chloe's house on his way to pick up Brooke. I quickly hugged Kate. "I'll see you there, Kate. Don't have too much fun without me."

She smiled. "Wouldn't dream of it, Max. See you later."

I waved at her as I exited my dorm room. I quickly texted Warren, telling him I was on my way and met him shortly after next to his car.