7.) Connection

(Your POV.)

I walked to the dance studio since it was the weekend. Kai asked to practice our dance since he wanted to make it up to me. I just agreed since I wanted to get this dance over with.

I arrived at the dance studio and entered the room. I saw Kai dancing to EXO Lady Luck with his back facing me and his front side facing the mirror. I closed the door behind me and put my stuff down while walking up to him and started to dance besides him.

After the song was over, Kai looked at me and said, "I didn't know you got here."

I looked back at him and replied, "I just got here actually. Are you ready to practice?" He nodded in response as he walked to change the music to Trouble Maker.

Kai walked back to me as we both got into our stances and positions. The music then started as we both began to dance. About half way throughout the song, Kai stopped the music as I looked at him. "Why did you stop the music?" I asked as he walked up to me. "Your movements. They're kind of off," Kai answered.

I looked at him confused and surprised. "What do you mean?" I asked as he made me face the mirror.

"Try to roll your waist more and relax your hips," Kai said while gently grabbing on to my waist with his large hands. I blushed at his skin ship with me as I just nodded in response.

"Relax your hips and move your waist like this," Kai said while holding my waist and guiding me through the move. "Understand?" Kai asked as I nodded while secretly blushing.

He turned the music back on and we continued to dance. I did just as Kai instructed me to do as he looked at me, satisfied at my improvement.

The music stopped as Kai spoke, "That was perfect."

I smiled at him. "Thanks," I replied to him.

It felt weird to be complimented by him. All this time I've felt disgusted whenever he would complement me but this time it felt sincere. It felt... quite nice.

I quickly cupped my face with my hands and vigorously shook my head. Kai looked over to me with a confused gaze.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I nervously nodded. "Y-yeah, I'm just fine," I stuttered. Kai looked at me suspiciously as he then shrugged. I sighed of relief as I sat down and laid my back against the wall.

(Kai POV.)

I see (Y/N) lay her back against the wall from the corner of my eye. I sighed again and thought,

Why am I acting this way towards her?

I then heard (Y/N) speak, "So, where were you yesterday that it was so important to miss practice?" I cursed under my breath.

So she noticed... I thought.

(Your POV.)

I waited for him to answer, but nothing came out of his mouth. "Well?" I asked him once more as he sighed and walked to sit besides me.

"Look, please don't be mad," Kai said.

"No promises," I replied to him as he chuckled. "Well, the reason I couldn't come yesterday was because the EXO members wanted to go out and go bowling," he answered as I have him a side glare.

"So you ditched me to go bowling?" I asked.

"N-no! Well, yes but the members wanted me to go since I don't hang out with them as much anymore! Plus, it's been a long time since all the EXO-K and EXO-M members got together," Kai answered as I sighed.

"Are you mad?" Kai asked as I sighed again. "It depends. What are you going to do to make up for it?" I asked as he raised an eyebrow. "What do you want me to do?" He asked as I shrugged.

"You choose," I answered. Kai thought for a moment and stood up. "How about a dance, my lady?" Kai asked at he out stretched a hand to me. I chuckled and nodded while taking his hand as he pulled me up. Kai took both of my hands and intertwined my fingers together. He then put my hands around his neck as his hands snaked down to my waist.

Kai turned on some slow music with his remote and smiled. He then started to sway with the music as I followed. "I've never seen this side of you," I said to Kai.

Kai raised a brow and asked, "What do you mean?" I replied, "I've never seen you dance like this. You would usually dance with charisma and pop, something that is strong. But I've never seen you dance to something... Gentle." Kai smiled.

"Well, this is a first for me too," he replied as I raised an eyebrow as well. Kai knew I was confused and said, "This is the first time I've shown someone my gentle side."

My eyes widen from his response. "What about the EXO members?" I asked.

"Of course the members have seen me like this. Anyone but the members." Kai answered as I smiled. "Well, I guess I'm glad I'm your first," I said as Kai's eyes widen. He then smiled again as we look into each other's eyes, never breaking contact. This was definitely weird.

Because I feel a connection now.