Chapter Eight

Hey guys! I just got an idea for the story so I decided to write, well... start writing right now. Okay, well read on! I hope you like it!

Also, before I start, I have noticed one person who has liked every single chapter of this book, and the first one. I saw that and I was like WOW!!!

Haha, I couldn't believe they did that. So a BIG thank you to:

LuluMee!

Okay.. now you can all read on. I just had to say thank you.

____________________________________________________________________________________

          I shifted and Stacie climbed on my back. I didn't even notice she climbed on! She didn't weigh anything, the most she couldn't have weighed more than eighty pounds. We'll have to change that.

'Okay, where too?'

          Stacie let out an ear-shrilling scream, and fell off my back. She hit the ground floor with an 'umph' sound. I snickered and walked over to her, pushing her up with my head.

'Are you okay?'

          Her eyes went wide and she starred at me in shock, her eyes as big as saucers. She pointed at me with shaking hands. "D-d-did you do t-that?"

          I nodded my wolf head and she glared at me, not looking surprised anymore. "Stay out of my head." She snapped, crossing her arms over her chest.

'Haha, not a chance.' I laughed.

          She huffed in annoyance, then brushed herself off and hopped on my back and opened up the map.  Humming what sounded like the Brady Bunch theme song. 

'Okay, so where too?'

"Straight ahead for, looks like about two hours."

'Alright.'

          I took off running with Stacie violently tugging on my back fur. It was obvious she was scared about falling off, so I slowed down my pace to a light jog, and she stopped tugging.

"So.." She started. "How can you talk to me in my head, I'm not a wolf."

'Well, now that your legally my daughter, were family. Even though your not a wolf, it doesn't matter. I mean, usually even wolves can't communicate until after they turn 16. So it's normal for me, but your not over 16. Maybe it's because I'm different. But I have something I have to tell you, and I don't know how your going to take it.' I sighed.

"What is it"

'Well.. we have to change our names. Both of us.'

"Okay." She shrugged.

          I skidded to an abrupt halt, and Stacie grabbed on tightly around my neck.

"What the heck!" She screeched right into my ear.

          I whimpered loudly and lowered my head, trying to somehow get my ears away from her mouth.

"Sorry.." She whispered petting my head.

'It's okay. But you don't care? I thought you'd be mad.'

"No, I'm not mad at all! I've never liked being called Stacie. The orphanage gave me that name because nobody ever found my birth certificate. Don't get me wrong, I like the name Stacie, I just don't like the name for me."

'Oh, okay. So.. what should we name ourselves?'

"Um.. I'm not sure. I've always liked the name Scarlett."

'Hey, that suits you. Okay, well I like the name Sapphire. Plus there is a cute nickname with it too.' I laughed.

"Okay, well what should our last name be?"

'Anderson' I stated quickly. 'It fits both of our first names perfectly and its a common last name, so we won't be easily found.'

"But why would-"

'Look, I know your curious but I have to explain some other time.'

"Okay." She sighed sadly.

          Once again I took off running, but this time Stacie wasn't scared at all. It was silent the rest of the way.

'Which way now?'

Silence.

'Stacie?'

Silence.

          I layed down on the ground and Stacie rolled off and onto the grass. I starred down smiling at her sleeping form. I shifted and then picked her up. I walked for another hour at the least and stumbled across an old boxcar. I laughed thinking about the book and opened the door. I walked in and layed on the floor. Sadly, there was nothing I could lay Stacie on, but I couldn't go back outside. She'd freeze to death! So, I layed on the floor and layed her sleeping body on my chest. She was very light and half my size. I hope she's okay, I don't think that's very healthy. I quickly found myself falling into a deep, deep, sleep.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Internet is still down, but i'm not home. So.... I hope you guys liked it! Pretty please comment and tell me what you think. Pretty, pretty, please?

Oh my goodness, I sound like one of those other people that beg for votes and stuff, don't I?

Oh sorry. Forget what I said then, I don't want to sound like that. Haha, anyways..

God Bless.

Have a fantastic week!

~MermaidPearl~