Christian Road (by El Verdadero) Part 2

CHRISTIAN ROAD

By El Verdadero

©2013

11

********

THE ROAD OF ATHEISM

Atheist, Agnostic, Polytheist, Henotheist, and Deist arrived.

“We looked for you and decided to join you,” Agnostic declared.

We ceased walking in front of the century-old balite and a ghastly lady in pure white appeared before us, saying:

“I am a servant of god. I am tasked to give you power you need in your journey! The path is dark and wild beasts abound in the woods.”

With the lady’s angelic face exuding the aura of mystery, atheist decided to go with her. The rest of us declined. I discerned something odd and negative in her. I saw red flames in her eyes.

A hermit emerged out of the woods. He met us and left a question: “Is God an impossibility?”

“I am dead sure that there’s no God!” Atheist pronounced before the sagacious hermit who instantly disappeared out of his sight. The lady transformed into an alluring, stunning, and sensual woman.

Atheist noticed that he was treading on a smooth, broad, and asphalted path called the Road of Atheism.1 He touched his backpack to be sure that a quarter gallon of oil was still there. He tested his lighter. “I’m sure, the flame of my torch will last!” He whispered confidently.

            His attention was caught by the spinning top at the middle of the road. Curious, he searched for the person responsible for its motion but saw nobody. And he pondered on the Earth rotating as that top did. The hermit reappeared from the woods and uttered.

            “There must be the Prime Mover of all things, the Person who first caused the movement of planets, particularly, the Earth.”

            Confusion crept into Atheist’s consciousness. “Who are you?”

            “My name is just an earthly name. Call me “The Blacksmith”.

            “Here we are,” the lady brought him back to his senses. “You must go that yonder mysterious cave to get the power – the amulet you need to protect yourself from the wild beasts. I’m afraid I can’t be with you. I am through with my duty. My name is Sensuality.” She approached and hugged him.

            Atheist gave her a once-in-a-lifetime kind of kiss – a kiss so torrid that he momentarily forgot his search for the essence of life. He tasted the sulfur and its burning sensation. Sensuality’s devilish laugh almost rendered him deaf.

As he entered into the cavern, two of its crystalline stalactites were detached from the ceiling, almost hitting his head. Demonic beings emerged out of the cavern’s walls. Laughter of unseen witches and warlocks sent him a message that something wasn’t right.

Sensing the danger, he thought of rushing back to the cavern’s opening but three black-hooded men were guarding it. Atheist heard erotic then violent rock then metallic songs. Smokes from tobacco, shabu, cocaine, and sulfur nearly choked him. The clinking of mugs, cups, and wine bottles, the sound of the iron chains, screams, merriment, and bout of sensual indulgence caused Atheist to frown. His frown changed into a demonic smile. Orgy.

        The sacrificial virgin screamed her last and blood flowed from the pinnacle of the miniature ziggurat. Black-hooded men were performing a diabolical rite before an inverted cross.