Chapter Eight

2nd February, 2076

My Dear Husband,

I'm so excited and proud to tell you that Meli has said her first word! And guess what? It so happened to be while she waved around your last letter and said 'Dada'.

I 'm so proud of her and I know you are too. Don't worry; I made a video as soon as she said it.

I wish you were here to share that moment with me.

Khalil stood so suddenly from his seat at the dining table that he knocked over his chair and nudged the table causing a couple of his men and women to drop their spoons.

Khalil's heart soars. Damn, he's proud of his Little Flower. He still can't believe Meli said her first word and it just so happened to be when she had his letter. He wonders what her voice would sound like saying 'Dada'. Whether or not it would be a light bubbly tone, if she'll have a singsong voice or a mature sound?

Words can't describe how proud he is of his baby girl or how proud he is of his husband raising their daughter on his own.

"hey, you ok K?" Mike asks and all Khalil could do was stare at him with his mouth slightly open trying to process the happiness and pride he felt.

"Meli.. Meli said Dada" he whispered " Meli said her first word and it's Dada while she held my letter!" Khalil all but screamed.

A few congratulations later Khalil realized he never finished reading the letter and so he retired to his quarters to do so.

Now, I just want to say that I too miss our crazy kitchen meals and I'm afraid I'll have to inform you that Khalil flavored foods are an equal match to your Jaylon flavored ones.

Know what I miss? Your hands.

How calloused they are but feel so good when you run your palms over my naked skin.

I love how gently you touch me at times with those hands of a hardworking man, almost as if you're worshipping my body. Then there are times you handle me like the men we are, with brute strength and male power.

I miss how you hold me and caress me with those hands, how you run your long fingers along my thighs and over my hips, how reverently you touch my lips.

I sometimes do the same, trail my hands over places on my body hoping to feel the passion, the warmth, the excitement you always illicit when you touch me like you do but I can never duplicate that feeling. That feeling of being safe and loved like when you have your hands on me.

I don't think or believe that those feelings would ever get old, missed but never unable to call to mind.

I love you my Husband,

Your Rose.

*

Khalil looks at his hands, hands he tries to moisturize just so that his callouses doesn't irritate Jaylon's soft skin.

He too misses having his hands on his husband's body. How soft Jaylon's skin feels beneath his rough palms.

The way Jaylon's body responds to his every touch, the gentle swells and curves of Jaylon's shapely body.

Khalil groaned loudly, feeling that thump of excitement in the pit of his stomach and moving even lower at the direction his thoughts took him now.

Khalil can't wait to be alone with Jaylon again in the way lovers should be. He'd probably hold the man prisoner for days in their bedroom and please his body; till both their knees were weak and the both of them won't be able to lift a finger when they've had their temporary fill of each other.

*********************************************** 

620 Words

just really needed to update