Day 4

Current situation: Feeling exhausted and slightly deaf from the swimming carnival

Goals: Participate more in school activities

Days: 302

Well, if I wasn't already tired enough from yesterday I sure am tired now. I had my swimming carnival today, and I actually dragged myself out of bed to go. We arrived on the scene around 9:00 am when the cheers were in full swing and the competitive races were just finishing. 

One thing you should know about me: I absolutely hate swimming carnivals. Athletics and cross country carnivals, I can stand. The thing that I hate about swimming carnivals is that everything is wet and smells. There are soggy chips on the ground everywhere you step and people's costumes are either shit or slutty. There is no in between.

And on that negative note here's how my day went down: After I put my bag down in my house area and attempted to socialize with the people in my house, I found my real friends from other houses and went with them to buy food (of course). After dousing my friend's hot chips in tomato sauce and chicken salt and eating half of them we sat down at a table to judge everyone's costumes and bathing suits (it's not healthy, I know but some people should NOT be wearing that size of bikini). After eating more food we went back to our house area to help with the cheering a little, and once our voice began to get hoarse our events were called. Because I was getting changed, I missed the noodle races but I got to do the novelty events and water polo. Then  it was time for the much anticipated war cries.

This is where the whole school gets together to let out their anger. Each house has a theme and makes up cheers to go with the theme. For example: this year my house's theme was Into the Woods. Therefore people dress up as little red riding hood and we have cheers like the Teddy Bear's Picnic. At the end of the day each house looses their voice with 2 minutes of screaming non-stop. It's lovely.

After that I got picked up and went shopping with my friend and to top it all of, when I got home I decided to tire my self more, by going for another round of swimming in our pool. Because; why not?

Ingrid